BLUE
    2001 CAMARO SS

???Monsoon wiring diagram???

So like many of us i blew one of my totally awesome (sarcasm) monsoon system speakers...i've never been a fan of this system and now to make me like it a less i just can't go out and buy a replacement cuz its a premium system like the guy at best buy said. I was walking around the store and saw this kik a$$ deck and said what the hell I got a lil extra cash, I'll get a deck and a pair of replacements for the front speakers. The installation was going to be free but since they have to rewire and take everything out i would have to dish out around another $350 and replace all the speakers. I'm looking to buy the deck and speakers and do it my self just want to get a map of the wiring. And I'm supposed to have 6 speakers and on my friends Z i see the 2 extra ones in the trunk/hatch area but my car is a convertible and I only see 4 speakers. Any one know where the other 2 are ?????? lmao maybe i need to look a little more....I found a website that sells the map for $20 I kinda want it for free.

Thanks.

Arctic White
    '07 Trailblazer LT

GM considers each individual driver a speaker. That means the 2 mid-woofers and 2 tweeters in your doors count as 4 speakers.
    The White Rascal SOLD
    Crank up the drums, crank up the bass,
    Crank up my Les Paul in your face!

Black
    2000 WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by White Rascal
    GM considers each individual driver a speaker. That means the 2 mid-woofers and 2 tweeters in your doors count as 4 speakers.
    thats actually not true per say. i dont know for sure how it is on the conv. but the normal system has the speakers in the doors, the sail panels and on the panels in rear by the gas tank hump.

the guy at best buy doesn't know what he is talking about. you do not have to replace all of the speakers to replace the deck. they dont tell you that so you spend more money, they tell you that cause they dont know any better. i know because i used to install at a best buy. as far as replacing the speakers, it depends on where your putting them. certain speakers play certain ranges of frequencies. let me know which speakers you want to replace and i'll tell you how to go about doing it. you might be able to replace what is bad without doing extra work and leaving the monsoon in.

Black
    2000 WS-6

oh, and by the way, where are you in texas?

Arctic White
    '07 Trailblazer LT

Quote Originally Posted by tamu130
    thats actually not true per say. i dont know for sure how it is on the conv. but the normal system has the speakers in the doors, the sail panels and on the panels in rear by the gas tank hump.
    For a vert it is true. The POS Monsoon system in a Firebird is advertised as a 10 speaker system and as a 8 speakers system in Camaros. There are 2 tweets & 2 mid-woofers in the doors, the 2 so called subs in the B-pillar and 2 more tweets & 2 4" mids in the hatch area. Camaros don't have hatch tweets. Since there is no "hatch area" in a vert you only have 6 speakers.

You don't want to try to run the factory mid-woofers off of the HU. I have yet to see any HU that can drive a 2 ohm load which is what the factory mid-woofers are.

Black
    2000 WS-6

ok, like i said, i wasnt sure how the conv was set up. leave the amp powering your speakers that are good and bypass the others.

where do you live, blue?

BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS CONV

My 2000 vert actually has 8 speakers. The ones in the doors have the mid and the tweets, which makes 4. The ones in the B-pillar are the same, mid and tweets, which makes another 4.

These are the same speaker that come in the TA's (the tweets are mounted directly to the mids).

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000SSCONV
    My 2000 vert actually has 8 speakers. The ones in the doors have the mid and the tweets, which makes 4. The ones in the B-pillar are the same, mid and tweets, which makes another 4.

These are the same speaker that come in the TA's (the tweets are mounted directly to the mids).
    you should have subs in the sail panel. which makes 10

BLUE
    2001 CAMARO SS

Quote Originally Posted by White Rascal
    ...You don't want to try to run the factory mid-woofers off of the HU. I have yet to see any HU that can drive a 2 ohm load which is what the factory mid-woofers are.

Yeah...the dude at best buy said something about the OHMS on the stock speakers being the issue... there were some Rockford punch 6 3/4" that I was looking at or was also thinking about Audiobahn ACS2050N same size at crutchfield.com

I'm originally from el paso, tx right now going to school in phoenix and as far the number of speakers its just obvious on a hardtop to see the ones in the trunk are the ones by the back seat and the fron doors where as the conv its just back seat and doors
    Last edited by 01m6BLUEconvSS; 08-30-2005 at 06:35 PM.

Thread Information