monsoon system help

i have a 01 trans am, 10 speaker setup. last summer i got a new head unit and kept everything else. since then i've had bad vibration in the rear seat side panels from the bass. not the popping noise you get from just too much overall bass, but excessive vibration in certain songs and certain parts because the 2 "subs" apparently can't handle it. i tried switching to a different head unit with more options, didn't help. i don't want to replace everything else, mainly because i'm a do it yourself type person and i have no confidence i could do all the re-wiring and such. are there any other options, like just replacing the subs? i understand (atleast i think) that regular ones would only work at half power with the ohm difference. sorry for the newbism, just looking for a little guidance!

Arctic White
    '07 Trailblazer LT

If it's the interior panels that are vibrating try adding something like Dynamatt to them. Adding mass to the panels will make it harder for them to resonate.
    The White Rascal SOLD
    Crank up the drums, crank up the bass,
    Crank up my Les Paul in your face!

it's not the vibration against the interior, atleast i'm doubting it isn't. it started doing it the second i switched head units. it's actually worse with the one i recently got. i ordered some polk db675 speakers and dynamat, going to see what replacing them can do. just a couple of questions though. on the back of the DVC speakers they have a pair of red & black wires at the top and the bottom. does it matter which red & black i hook up to the polk's? and since i have to splice them, it is a mandatory thing to disconnect the negative cable on my battery? thanks.

Arctic White
    '07 Trailblazer LT

It doesn't matter which set of red & black wires you use. Just make sure you hook the new speakers up in phase with each other. Look on either the factory speaker or the connector that is part of the factory wiring. One wire should be labeled "A" and the other "B". "B" is the positive wire.

When splicing speaker wires there is no need to disconnect your battery. Just don't do it with the radio turned ON.

Thread Information