pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Question monsoon aftermarket problem

I have a 2000 ws6 I put a rockford fosgate in-dash dvd player in. I took the deck out of my 2000 Blazer. They take the same wiring harness. The deck seems to work fine but when I turn the volume down low suddenly the back speakers seem to go to full volume. The deck is wired right because it works fine in the Blazer. Does this have anything to do with the monsoon amp? If so how could the problem be corrected? Any input would be great.

black
    2000 Trans AM WS6

I have a 2000 Ws6 as well and I have already had to replace both mid subs (which is a B*@%* because the cheap housings don't stay up and line in very well which leads to rattling) from the monsoon system...I looked in to getting some other subs and was informed by a "stereo expert" that the monsoon system isn't compatible with other decks and if you want to replace the deck or individual speakers you have to replace the whole system for it to work properly?? hope that helps...its not just the amp but how it comes from the factory... Monsoon

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by tlyeWS6 View Post
    Monsoon
    x2,000,000

Quote Originally Posted by jdphillips1982 View Post
    I have a 2000 ws6 I put a rockford fosgate in-dash dvd player in. I took the deck out of my 2000 Blazer. They take the same wiring harness. The deck seems to work fine but when I turn the volume down low suddenly the back speakers seem to go to full volume. The deck is wired right because it works fine in the Blazer. Does this have anything to do with the monsoon amp? If so how could the problem be corrected? Any input would be great.
    double check your dvd manual, it may have a default line level output set on high if its turned down all the way and not muted

Quote Originally Posted by jdphillips1982 View Post

could be that the wirring are differnt from your ws6 to the blazer.

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by tlyeWS6 View Post
    I have a 2000 Ws6 as well and I have already had to replace both mid subs (which is a B*@%* because the cheap housings don't stay up and line in very well which leads to rattling) from the monsoon system...I looked in to getting some other subs and was informed by a "stereo expert" that the monsoon system isn't compatible with other decks and if you want to replace the deck or individual speakers you have to replace the whole system for it to work properly?? hope that helps...its not just the amp but how it comes from the factory... Monsoon
    He is asking about the new hu out of the Blazer and the suddent volume increase, not the speakers. The speakers can be replaced on the stock monsoon system and sound better. Just have to get the right speakers. Adding a aftermarket deck is simple and sound better too and compatible with the Monsoon amp. Many people like to keep the stock look and is reason they try to stay with the stock hu. I did that for awhile too, but sounds so much better now with a aftermarket hu.

About the increase in volume, I am not sure about the blazer hu, but may want to check if it is a dual zone hu. I know some suv's came with the dual zone so the rear seat passengers could listen seperate, but I would think there would be a setting to turn it off it is one.

Red
    1999 Trans Am

In order to take the stock hu out, do u have to take the whole dash off?

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Bill8706 View Post
    In order to take the stock hu out, do u have to take the whole dash off?
    In a T/A or Camaro? The bezel snaps off and 2 screws and the hu comes out, the fbody is one of the easiest cars to replace or remove a headunit.

Thread Information