Results 1 to 6 of 6

Misuse of the term "sail panel"?

This is a discussion on Misuse of the term "sail panel"? within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; Isn't the sail panel the small triangle piece behind the side mirrors? It seems like people on here use the ...

  1. #1
    Member slade8200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    110

    Black
    02 SS #8850

    Question Misuse of the term "sail panel"?

    Isn't the sail panel the small triangle piece behind the side mirrors? It seems like people on here use the term "sail panel" to describe the B-pillar. Is this correct?

  2. #2
    Electrical Engineer KMdef9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North of the Motorcity
    Posts
    2,611

    Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

    Yes. Sail panel = b pillar. However, this typical for people with t-tops. Not sure if someone without t-tops has a "sail panel".

    As far as I know it's simply a nickname, as the whole area, even between the the t-tops and the rear windshield is also referred to as the sail panel.

  3. #3
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,589

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    Yes. Sail panel = b pillar. However, this typical for people with t-tops. Not sure if someone without t-tops has a "sail panel".

    As far as I know it's simply a nickname, as the whole area, even between the the t-tops and the rear windshield is also referred to as the sail panel.
    With all the posts I've read around here, that's the way I understand it.

  4. #4
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Yup b-pillar is the sail panel, and yes, the hard top guys have them too..

  5. #5
    Electrical Engineer KMdef9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North of the Motorcity
    Posts
    2,611

    Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Yup b-pillar is the sail panel, and yes, the hard top guys have them too..
    I meant the infamous part that gets bubbles in it, speaking exteriorly (<- made up a new word there, lol), connecting both b pillars together. Is that considered "the sail panel" as well?

  6. #6
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    I meant the infamous part that gets bubbles in it, speaking exteriorly (<- made up a new word there, lol), connecting both b pillars together. Is that considered "the sail panel" as well?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Obama "Admits" to "Long Term Campaign" Against ISIS...
    By wileyCoyote in forum Political / Debate Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2015, 05:01 PM
  2. "Cool" is Apparently Wacist Term to Describe Hussein...
    By wileyCoyote in forum Political / Debate Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 12:53 AM
  3. 7" sail panel subs & amp - $100
    By richard head in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-08-2009, 07:15 PM
  4. New Sail Panel 6.5" 2ohm Subs
    By SSwt00SS in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-17-2006, 09:17 PM
  5. a 6" sub for bass in the sail panel?
    By WS.SICK in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-20-2006, 07:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •