Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Loking for a little more bass.

This is a discussion on Loking for a little more bass. within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; 15$ roadmaster 6.5 subs already in a box, then wire the box into the stock hatch speakers, that is the ...

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

15$ roadmaster 6.5 subs already in a box, then wire the box into the stock hatch speakers, that is the absolute cheapest way. Not the best but the cheapest by far lol

artic white
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

I meant is it better to get an amp and power the 6.5 I have or get some different speakers.
    “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Black
    1999 TransAmSexual

Quote Originally Posted by krusemj View Post
    Well what would be the best way to go without spending to much money.

If you were to buy a brand new amp it would probably run you at least $300 for a good one at a store.
    But there looks to be some decent name brand amps on e-bay for $50-100, just make sure the seller guarantees that it works perfect.

I would aim to get a name brand 4 channel amp off e-bay because they dont seem to cost much more than the 2 channels and the power output is more when you bridge the 4 channel. For your application, thats what i would do.

Of cource, if you dont care about saving space, you could probably find a cheap amp, sub, and box for about $150, and that would give you the most bass for the least amount of money.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

sorry i haven't checked back earlier. I had a feeling they were wired wrong.

wire the 2 positives together and 2 negatives together. wire the positives to the positive line, wire the negatives to the negative line found in the wiring diagrams from the sticky: http://www.thirdshiftstudios.net/MonsoonRadio.zip

use this as a guide, i doubt the JL's are as thick as them, but the wiring is all the same: write up: How to replace the stock subs with eu700s

artic white
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

I just want to say thanks for all the help guys as normal you guys have all the answers. One last thing how big of an amp do you guys think it will need to push those speakers. I pulled one out to look at it and it is a Jl Audio 6wo-4 sub if anyone knows anything about this sub.
    Last edited by krusemj; 02-22-2007 at 07:45 PM.

White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

All i have to say is you need to get audio wholesale haha, I get it through my work and its like 100 bucks for a 400 dollar sub.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by krusemj View Post
    I just want to say thanks for all the help guys as normal you guys have all the answers. One last thing how big of an amp do you guys think it will need to push those speakers. I pulled one out to look at it and it is a Jl Audio 6wo-4 sub if anyone knows anything about this sub.
    start with it being wired to your stock amp. then if you don't like it, get a new amp.

artic white
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

I wired it the way you said and they put out very little sound. I guess I will have to get an amp for it. I looked up my speakers and it looks like they need about 90 watts so an Amp that puts out 100 or so by 2 should be plenty right.

White
    99 Z28

If you want more bass, get a high low converter at your local stereo shop, a box, sub and amp. No Little side mounted sub will really give you what you want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information