Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Kill switch?

This is a discussion on Kill switch? within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; lol nightrider is getting closer to reality. All I need is a car that can take a 30 foot jump ...

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

lol nightrider is getting closer to reality. All I need is a car that can take a 30 foot jump at 60mph. lol

Black
    '98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by mariner3302 View Post
    This is what I am putting in... Yeah.. little over the top but why not?! Biometric lock
    I can think of 216 reasons.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I dont think disabling the clutch switch is a good idea. if you tried to start it and had the ebrake on and it was locked down in gear, wouldn't you break something? flywheel teeth,starter? It would only take one time. And heaven forbid your woman ever did that to your car. I think using a momentary switch WITH the clutch switch operational as well would be the cats meow. And putting it on the end of the stalk is perfect. It would just take two hands to start. Now if a guy could use the cruise button for that, and still use it for cruise. Perfect. Tell me how.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Try roasting your crow. It'll be easier to get down.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I like grilling mine with a nice brown sugar based rub

I've done this many different ways on our old cars.

I have one through the clutch neutral safety switch. I use a hidden key switch on this car, so once it's activated I take the key with me.

On another car I also use a hidden key switch that simply turns the power to the coil off. Again, I take the key with me when it's activated.

On another I use the MSD box, the Digital 6 has an anti theft device, switching it to something other than 8 cyl will not allow the car to start. The box is also hidden, so it's not obvious.
    On this same car, I have the electric fuel pump wired through a factory rear defog switch on the dash. The car doesn't actually have rear defog, but it looks correct with the switch in the dash, and nothing is there to signify the fuel pump. So I can simply turn the pump off when I park the car. It's in plain site but most wouldn't figure that one out
    The car would still start, but it only runs for about a minute with just fuel in the float bowls That should throw any would be thief for a loop, and would probably just bail at that point for fear of drawing attention to himself.

On our 4th gens I haven't really found a decent way for a kill switch, so what I've done in the past when I park somewhere that is suspect, is simply pop the hood, remove the fuel pump relays, and/or the ignition relays, put them in my pocket and call it done. The car is not going to run without them.
    If someone wants it they'll have to tow it.
    When I come back, it's simple to plug back in and drive away.

Eventually I will probably wire in a switch through the fuel pump relay under the hood to just turn it off. But for right now it's just as easy to pull the relay and go.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I've done this many different ways on our old cars.

I have one through the clutch neutral safety switch. I use a hidden key switch on this car, so once it's activated I take the key with me.

On another car I also use a hidden key switch that simply turns the power to the coil off. Again, I take the key with me when it's activated.

On another I use the MSD box, the Digital 6 has an anti theft device, switching it to something other than 8 cyl will not allow the car to start. The box is also hidden, so it's not obvious.
    On this same car, I have the electric fuel pump wired through a factory rear defog switch on the dash. The car doesn't actually have rear defog, but it looks correct with the switch in the dash, and nothing is there to signify the fuel pump. So I can simply turn the pump off when I park the car. It's in plain site but most wouldn't figure that one out
    The car would still start, but it only runs for about a minute with just fuel in the float bowls That should throw any would be thief for a loop, and would probably just bail at that point for fear of drawing attention to himself.

On our 4th gens I haven't really found a decent way for a kill switch, so what I've done in the past when I park somewhere that is suspect, is simply pop the hood, remove the fuel pump relays, and/or the ignition relays, put them in my pocket and call it done. The car is not going to run without them.
    If someone wants it they'll have to tow it.
    When I come back, it's simple to plug back in and drive away.

Eventually I will probably wire in a switch through the fuel pump relay under the hood to just turn it off. But for right now it's just as easy to pull the relay and go.

damn...well if you find a good way, let me know.

so far im really liking the nuetral safety switch....my car does not has ASR, but I have a switch on its way....so itll just look like im turning traction control on or off....just gotta figure out how to wire the damn thing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information