LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

Just added a Kenwood x790.

I have been using a Kenwood mp922 for a couple years and decided to get a newer HU to have better mp3 compatability. Found the x790(2006 model) on ebay for $190 and very happy with it. For what I paid, I expected it to be a starting out hu, with just enough options for my needs. This thing is great, and has adjustments within the bass, mid and highs(not just level, but adjustments to fine tune each such as hz for bass and mids etc..the bass has 2 additional settings besides the level and mids too, highs have one additional), that is for the standard eq setup, there is also a main setup to adjust sub hz and for the fronts and rear to cutoff lower bass etc... Display is nice too and can download custom stuff onto it. Even has a Horsepower calculator built in and G tech type thing(shows graphs of horsepower spikes and can be set to display g force around corners etc). Took me almost a hour to get everything set up, but sounds much better than the old mp922 it replaced. The best part, was it uses the same remote as the old mp922 and wire harness is the same, so all I had to do to install it, is plug it in and steering wheel controls and everything worked out of the box since I already had them in from the previous mp922. I highly recommend the x790 for the price, options and sound quality.
    Last edited by rotwiler; 04-23-2006 at 04:46 PM.

Thread Information