Thread: JL audio 13" w7

Black
    00 ss camaro

JL audio 13" w7

I have a 2000 camaro and want to fit my jl audio 13 1/2 inch w7. Is there any box that will fit my woffer?

you will have to have one custom made either from someone or yourself and will need some thick a** wood, i have a 12w7 in a 98 ta, the box should run you around 200-250 for someone to build well professional, and just be ready to upgrade your power supply and hatch because trust me they will go soon enough

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

You are putting a 13w7 in that SS? Damn, you are gonna blow the back windshield right outta that thing. It is gonna be way louder than you want it to be. You might wanna put a 10w7 in there. I got a 12w7 in my other ride, a single cab gmc stepside, with the recommended RMS going to it, and that thing hits so hard it will make your vocal cords hurt. The windshield wipers will bounce off the glass when the bass hits. I plan on going with a hard hitting 10 in my Z28, a 10w7 or a rockford power 10". That old school rockford power, the one with the black face, is a nice sub, and relatively inexpensive, and it fuckin' rocks!
    Last edited by Roastem; 03-21-2006 at 07:27 AM.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

Hotrod
    I had 3 JLAudio 10's in my Camaro with a JLAudio 500/1 Amp and it bassed so hard it hurt! I had to replace the tint on the back a few times cause it would start to bubble up. I can only imagine a freakin 13" in it! I would almost be afraid to put something that big in it.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

TRU510, have you heard one of those 13W7's with the rec. RMS? That sub you got is an absolute monster. You could put one of those in a Winnebago and it would fuckin rock that thing. You are gonna make all the neighbors highly pissed off, and anyone within 20 feet of you at a stop light is gonna think they are in the middle of a low mag quake.

Black
    00 ss camaro

I had this set up in my 87 Grand National just sold the car and kept the beat. Jl audio 13" w7, jl audio 1000w-1 channel amp, 40 fared lightning audio capacitor,jl audio 300w-4 channel amp, jl audio component system. If i sell this system i will lose alot of money thats why im trying to make it work in my camaro. What size alternator will i have to upgrade to?

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by TRU510
    I had this set up in my 87 Grand National just sold the car and kept the beat. Jl audio 13" w7, jl audio 1000w-1 channel amp, 40 fared lightning audio capacitor,jl audio 300w-4 channel amp, jl audio component system. If i sell this system i will lose alot of money thats why im trying to make it work in my camaro. What size alternator will i have to upgrade to?
    If you don't have underdrive pulleys, it might be fine. The previous owner had 2 amps running on my car, and I never had any battery drainage problems. Those were kinda small amps though, like a Blaupunkt 300 Wrms and a MTX 250x. It also has the excellent optima battery installed also. I am sure somebody has put a big system in those cars, and they would be better qualified to answer your question.

I know what you mean about losing cash on that deal, I bet you got at least 2 grand in that setup.
    Last edited by Roastem; 03-21-2006 at 08:01 AM.

Black
    00 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    If you don't have underdrive pulleys, it might be fine. The previous owner had 2 amps running on my car, and I never had any battery drainage problems. Those were kinda small amps though, like a Blaupunkt 300 Wrms and a MTX 250x. It also has the excellent optima battery installed also. I am sure somebody has put a big system in those cars, and they would be better qualified to answer your question.

I know what you mean about losing cash on that deal, I bet you got at least 2 grand in that setup.
    Im doing alot of research on this set up for the camaro its starting to be a headache. I called three good shops in my area and they told me to buld a custom box for the sub will cost $500-$700 and weight me down like hell. Thats alot of money for a sub box im thinking about just making the box myself. I can only imagine the sound this will put out when im done .

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Well, that sub alone is like 40 or 50 lbs. The monster box will prolly be about 40 or 50 too. Then amp and all that other stuff, you will add about 100 to 120 pounds to the car. Most of it is in the back though, so you should get a traction bonus. 500 bucks for an enclosure! Hell naw, don't pay that much. Build it yourself.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

Just running the 1000/1 and the 300/4 should be no problem with a capacitor and a good battery. If you add any more then you will probaly need a mean green alternator. I am not allowed to post urls to other sites but you can put in need www and com in. the middle is mean-green

Black
    00 ss camaro

thanks for the info

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

i run 2 13" focal Dual voice coil subs in my car and it sounds great

my mids get 300rms each so they can keep up with the subs.

it is a little overkill but i would rather play my 2 13's at 70% the 1-2 10" subs at 110% like so many other people do
    Click for full size
    2000 Camaro SS Black Loaded LS1 6-Speed T-Tops, STS Rear-Mount Turbo, 42Lb Injectors, Racetronixs Fuel pump upgrade system, Custom Tune by Rick Squires @ STS Turbo, Goodyear F1 DS-G3 275 40zr17's. 3.73Rear End.

Thread Information