Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: J L AUDIO W7s

red
    2000 camaro ss

J L AUDIO W7s

I have a 2000 Chevy Camaro.Has anyone stuffed a 10w7 in the hatch area.With the correct dimensions given by JL it would be an weird fit.Any pics would help

black
    2002 ram air 6sp

i have a w7 and am here to tell you there is not a box on the planet that will hold it without losing your t top storage.....lose the t top rack or get a box with not enough airspace from subthump. the speaker calls for 1.25 cubes sealed and 1.5 cube ported. subthump only offers a sealed box and is only 1 cube after mounting the sub n the box. i built a box to spec and this thing is crazy for 1 sub

red
    2000 camaro ss

I really wanted the 10w7 but i did more research im going to go w 10w6v2.Anyone running one ten in the cubby hole.U think ill be satisfied w/ 1 10w6v2 it only calls for .625cu ft.What will sound better 1 10w6v2 or 1 10 solo baricL7
    Last edited by bad4ss; 05-27-2010 at 12:01 AM.

Impounded
    I have no pics but me and a friend of mine put a 12" MTX in his 2001 camaro.
    were making a special box for him. its will angle down from the back of the seat to the t-top storage area. he can still have the t-top storage bay and the separator in there too. For two 12"s i would recommend making a custom box that takes up the entire shelf....have it angled parallel with the back glass (shouldnt take up too much rearview) cut holes as far as possible to the sides...leaving room in the middle for the amp and compasitor.
    Right now im looking at 2 10"s for mine. im thinking memphis tho because thats what i have for door speakers...ill get some pics up here when (and if) i get them done.

white and black
    98 camaro

i had alpines type s in my last one only tens and damn they hit really hard..inb my last white one i had w3s and hit pretty hard too but u should go with alpines in my personal i like the bass better

Impounded
    yeah i woul suggest MTX, Memphis, or Alpine for subs.
    as for door speakers...i looked at all kinds...Alpine and Memphis were the only kinds i liked...others didnt have the pure good sound. yes memphis door speakers dont have the bass that most have...but they are louder and better quality IMO

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

Have you looked at the ID-IDQ 10v.3, ID-IDMAX 10v.3, or the Fi-Q 10 ?

red
    2000 camaro ss

Never heard i just assumed jl audio is the best brand.For my interior i have infinity kappa 62.7doors and 62.9backseat.Phoenix Gold 450 wired to speakers. I was thinkin jl 10w6v2 for the cubby in trunk w/ jl slash500 amp

Impounded
    I would suggest not putting it in the cubby. Its a good spot for space conserving reasons but it made my friend's camaros tail lights raddle a whole lot worse down there. Not to mention that i felt that IMO is didnt sound as good and i didn feel the bass as much either. But it is a small car so a 12 tucked away down there would get the job done. Bu as for that quality great sound...your going to have to say good bye to the truck shelf or the t-top storage compartment

red
    2000 camaro ss

I was worried having the speaker facing to the passenger side of the trunk wouldnt be good for quality.

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

The W6 would be the better choice for a stealth box(still over-priced though), and IMO the W7 is a good sub, but it's way over-priced for what it offers!

What is it you're really want from you sub system?

red
    2000 camaro ss

Overall just really good quality. I dont care how loud i bump just want crisp clear sound n to bump a little. It looks like i have to give up my ttop storage for optimum sound.I wanted it to look clean thats why i wanted to put a sub in the cubby.JL is overpriced but isnt the quality one of the best right now.I talk to a guy n he told me the kicker vr shallow mount
    Last edited by bad4ss; 06-07-2010 at 11:41 AM.

Impounded
    Do not go with shallows. They do not hit hard at all. Your door speakers would hit harder than shallows would. Yeah they save space but i would think that you would be disappointed. I know you dont care about bumping loud but their sound sucks just as bad.

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

You'll still get good bass from a (DR.Side) stealth enclosure, the 10-W6, ID-IDQ10v.3, and Fi-Q10(best) will all sound great in one since their designed to work good in really small enclosure, and so will many other subs. Another option if you're willing to give up the spare-tire area and go with a custom fiberglass enclosure you can get 1.5-2 cu.ft. of air space for a 10" or 12" sub and optimize you bass all without giving up the storage well. IMO, Kicker subs are far from a accurate sounding sub, and a large enclosure in the rear well will only make the biggest difference if you run your sub/s in a low tuned ported enclosure. the only real gain from a large seal well enclosure is from adding a 2nd sub, you'll gain little low bass from the increase air space the subs are in.

red
    2000 camaro ss

My spare tire is removed already but i cant imagine. i would have to cut the plastic and put the enclosure there is that right? i meant to ask u before what brand are ID-IDQ10v.3, and Fi-Q10.Yah i know kicker vr probably suck. i dont want a shallow mount at all. The box at hifisound connection read drivers side enclosure for $79.99 w/ .75 sq ft.if thats right will i be able to fit a 10w6 it didnt say anything about the depth.

black
    1998 trans am

I run two JL 10w3 in the hatch one on the drivers side in the cubby and one in the passenger side were the spare tire went I made my own fiber glass boxes with mdf fronts (wont do that again the box took forever to make and cost about 70$ each in material). I mounted one amps on a rack under the passenger side sub (in the space were the tire would sit into) and one were the factory amp went. I didn’t have to cut the plastic on the pass side yet... sounds great with out cutting you just can’t see the speaker. Which is what I wanted everything is hidden looks factory except for the head unit and JL sub flush in the drivers side. The system doesn’t rattle the windows on houses ¾ of a mile out but it’s CLEAR enough to make your ears feel like they might bleed and drums rupture from the change in cabin pressure when the subs fire
    Its alittle work to mount the amps but worth it for the clean look.... just my 2 cents

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by seweber View Post
    I run two JL 10w3 in the hatch one on the drivers side in the cubby and one in the passenger side were the spare tire went I made my own fiber glass boxes with mdf fronts (wont do that again the box took forever to make and cost about 70$ each in material). I mounted one amps on a rack under the passenger side sub (in the space were the tire would sit into) and one were the factory amp went. I didn’t have to cut the plastic on the pass side yet... sounds great with out cutting you just can’t see the speaker. Which is what I wanted everything is hidden looks factory except for the head unit and JL sub flush in the drivers side. The system doesn’t rattle the windows on houses ¾ of a mile out but it’s CLEAR enough to make your ears feel like they might bleed and drums rupture from the change in cabin pressure when the subs fire
    Its alittle work to mount the amps but worth it for the clean look.... just my 2 cents
    you wouldnt happen to have some pictures of this set up would you?
    That jack and spare are worthless anyways so i wouldnt mind giving that up.

black
    1998 trans am

hope these are helpful

Impounded
    That looks awesome. What amps are you running?

red
    2000 camaro ss

That looks good. Yah i had them mount my amp where the spare was. U should make me a box

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information