Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

White
    2001 camaro SS

the infinity 62.7i arent forsale anymore so now what??

Is there a new infinity that works with the monsoon amp or another speaker out there like the 62.7i
    2001 Camaro SS, LM 1, BMR LCA, relocation brackets, BMR springs, adj panhard bar, smooth below, lid, sub-frame connectors weld on, strut brace
    2000 WS6, ls6 intake, sub-frame connectors, slp maf, slp cat delete with slp y-pipe, electric cutout, strut brace, smooth below, slp lid, bmr LCA and RLB

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Where are planning on using them; the door, or sail panel?

Have you look at what Kee Audio has to offer?

http://www.keeaudio.com/fbodyspeakers.html

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX 4G on Tapatalk
    2000 T/A-DMH Cutout, SLP Cold Air kit, FTRA/SLP Upgrade, SLP Bilstein, LT1 Eibach ProKit, Kuhmo PA31 Tires ,SLP Fan Switch, UMI Double Adj PHB w/ Roto-Joints, UMI LCARB, Strano 35/22mm Sway Bars , Magnecor KV85 Wires, Hurst Shifter, Lou's Short Stick.

White
    2001 camaro SS

well left door is blown and right sail panel is blown. I would like to change both fronts and sails. I dont want to put a cheeper speaker in there I want to gain sound, but at the same time I dont want to pull out all the wiring and amp thats in there.

Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6

i used the Infinity 6529I. great sounding setup.

White
    2001 camaro SS

will those work this the monsoon amp?

white
    1998 z28

Like some said, look at what Kee Audio has for our cars. I got some CDT speakers from him and I am very happy.

white
    1998 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 01SsRacing View Post
    will those work this the monsoon amp?

YES

White
    2001 camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 8uup View Post
    Like some said, look at what Kee Audio has for our cars. I got some CDT speakers from him and I am very happy.

See I was looking into the kee Audio but was unsure about how good the packages are going to sound...?

White
    2001 camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 8uup View Post
    YES
    What did you do for the back seats and the hatch? jw

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

I used the infinity speakers in mine and I'm very happy with them. You do have to hook the tweeters up sepratley though so keep that in mind when your buying them. I got the ones with the tweeters in the cone and just cut the tweeter wires and wired them into the car harness then wired the main part of the speaker into the other harness on the car. For the rear, the speakers are just 4ohm speakers so about any 4" speaker will work I have some jvc's in there now that sound good but I replace them for a set of polks or another set of infinitys. Originally in the middle I had 2 kicker 6.5" 2ohm subs and they def kick the stock subs ass but I just want a little more thump there. So I ordered up a 10" t1 rockford fosgate sub and I'll be installing that in the back with a seperate amp next week. At that point I'll probably just take the kickers out and sell them or throw them in another car.

white
    1998 z28

Go to his site, he has a speaker package for camaros. For the stock amp you need to look at the standard package.

White
    2001 camaro SS

Yeah ive been looking at them ive just never heard of CDT so im just unsure about how good its going to sound?

white
    1998 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 01SsRacing View Post
    Yeah ive been looking at them ive just never heard of CDT so im just unsure about how good its going to sound?
    I used to have Infinity in my 3rd gen camaro, and to me the CDT have a better sound. That's what I think. I never heard of them until about 2 years ago. Good speakers give them a try. You will not be sorry.

White
    2001 camaro SS

Yeah I thinking of getting the stage 1 and i have a 10" box for the camaro so i get a sub and a new head-unit

White
    2001 camaro SS

the kickers you used were they the CompVT and if so did they just bolt right in?

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Yes the kickers are a direct bolt in but since we have the monsoon system the subs NEED to be the 2ohm version not the 4ohm. I'll be taking mine out this weekend and they are in perfect shape. I just want a little more punch so I'm going to a rockford fosgate t1 10" in the rear. If your interested in the kickers I'll make you a hell of a deal on them since I wont need them and your local in orlando, theyre only about a yr old.

White
    2001 camaro SS

how much are you thinkin?

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

I'll shoot you a pm about the price. First off though I saw in the other thread you were wondering about what subs will work so let me explain about the monsoon system. Most subs that are made are 4ohm single voice coil. This means that the sub only had one input and will put a 4ohm load on the amplifier. Other subs that are made are 2ohm single voice coil and 4ohm DUAL voice coil meaning it has 2 inputs on the sub and can be wired to put either a 4ohm load OR a 2ohm load on the amplifier.

Now with that said the amp in the camaro is rated for 2ohm speakers around the car with the exception of the rear which are 4ohm generic tiny 4" speakers. This is why it is paramount that you get 2ohm speakers for the front and 2ohm subs for the middle or 4ohm DVC subs as they will mimic the 2ohm load. If you put a 4ohm speaker in the camaro front or sub locations you will notice the sound will become muffled and could eventually damage the amplifier as it puts too much of a load on it.

The 2ohm speakers are normally more expensive because 2ohm resistance is a less parasitic draw speaker and usually produces a cleaner sound. The problem is that 2ohm subs are hard to find. Kicker makes the compvt in either a 2ohm or 4ohm DVC which is what I have currently, JL audio makes a 2ohm, and kee audio carries some also. Either way selecting the right impedance for the monsoon amp is important to having everything work together.
    Let me know if theres anything else you need to know.
    Dan

White
    2001 camaro SS

BIG help thats the info ive been looking for.... where did you learn all of this about the monsoon system's? Why couldnt GM put a nice system in that was easy to work this this thing its so much to figure out.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

I actually don't recall lol it's been a long time but reading various stickes and threads I learned a lot when doing my own stereo.The reason behind the 2ohm speakers is that they are higher quality speakers than a 4ohm would be and you will find that a lot of high end cars use a small ohm resistance speaker as it usually provides a cleaner sound. A firebird monsoon system is wired a little differently but oration produces the same load on the amp since you don't have a firebird I won't bore you with the knowledge lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information