Results 1 to 13 of 13

i need some input

This is a discussion on i need some input within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; K so i got my stealth enclosure, amp and sub today. I need an idea of where to mount my ...

  1. #1
    Member zeetwentyeight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A, A
    Age
    27
    Posts
    690

    Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

    i need some input

    K so i got my stealth enclosure, amp and sub today.
    I need an idea of where to mount my amp, I don't want any wires showing and even the amp if possible let me know thanks

  2. #2
    Electrical Engineer KMdef9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North of the Motorcity
    Posts
    2,611

    Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

    Which stealth enclosure is it?

  3. #3
    Member SuperSport346's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    187

    Black
    2002 Camaro SS

    Typically it is put on the rear wall or over the axle. I personally am working on mine this week, but I want to install it directly across from where the sub will be. I have yet to see this done, but I'm going to figure out a way to make mine work

  4. #4
    Electrical Engineer KMdef9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North of the Motorcity
    Posts
    2,611

    Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSport346 View Post
    Typically it is put on the rear wall or over the axle. I personally am working on mine this week, but I want to install it directly across from where the sub will be. I have yet to see this done, but I'm going to figure out a way to make mine work
    If your stealth enclosure is going where the stock cd changer would be (driver side) I'd pull the spare and hide it over there. Really easy to hide wires that way.

  5. #5
    Member zeetwentyeight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A, A
    Age
    27
    Posts
    690

    Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSport346 View Post
    Typically it is put on the rear wall or over the axle. I personally am working on mine this week, but I want to install it directly across from where the sub will be. I have yet to see this done, but I'm going to figure out a way to make mine work
    i was thinking where the spare tires goes but there isn't really any good spot that you can mount it

    Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    Which stealth enclosure is it?
    The opening on the driver side

  6. #6
    Electrical Engineer KMdef9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North of the Motorcity
    Posts
    2,611

    Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

    People have had to make brackets, I guess it all depends on how big (size, not power) your amp is and how good you are at fabrication. Every case is alittle different.

    I suggest there because it's the best way to ensure you dont see any wires.

  7. #7
    Member zeetwentyeight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A, A
    Age
    27
    Posts
    690

    Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    People have had to make brackets, I guess it all depends on how big (size, not power) your amp is and how good you are at fabrication. Every case is alittle different.

    I suggest there because it's the best way to ensure you dont see any wires.

    It is just a 300 watt

  8. #8
    Member SuperSport346's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    187

    Black
    2002 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    If your stealth enclosure is going where the stock cd changer would be (driver side) I'd pull the spare and hide it over there. Really easy to hide wires that way.
    I'm actually going to mount it on the panel. I'm going to have to do some cutting, and add some support, but that's what I want to do.

  9. #9
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by zeetwentyeight View Post
    i was thinking where the spare tires goes but there isn't really any good spot that you can mount it



    The opening on the driver side
    This is where i put mine. i pulled the spare out and cut a MDF board to fit in there. I mounted both of my amps to the board and ran the wires under the carpet.

  10. #10
    Member zeetwentyeight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A, A
    Age
    27
    Posts
    690

    Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    This is where i put mine. i pulled the spare out and cut a MDF board to fit in there. I mounted both of my amps to the board and ran the wires under the carpet.

    Thats what im thinking of doin

  11. #11
    Senior Member JaycenK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Holiday,FL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,378

    Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    This is where i put mine. i pulled the spare out and cut a MDF board to fit in there. I mounted both of my amps to the board and ran the wires under the carpet.
    Me 2 It is a great place for that stuff. Out of site, out of the minds of those who want to take it from you. I used a thick card board to make a template and then traced it on to a thin peice of MDF. Dilled one hole in the spare bracket and used another hole on the inner fender with nothing in it for another bolt and then used small ruber and metal stands on the amp to mount it with an air gap. and stay off the bolt I used to mount the board. Use ruber to spacers on any rub points and you have a nice hidden quiet place for all the electronic goodies.

  12. #12
    Senior Member bigrondownhiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, NY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,674

    Black
    1996 Camaro Z28 vert

    Quote Originally Posted by JaycenK View Post
    Me 2 It is a great place for that stuff. Out of site, out of the minds of those who want to take it from you. I used a thick card board to make a template and then traced it on to a thin peice of MDF. Dilled one hole in the spare bracket and used another hole on the inner fender with nothing in it for another bolt and then used small ruber and metal stands on the amp to mount it with an air gap. and stay off the bolt I used to mount the board. Use ruber to spacers on any rub points and you have a nice hidden quiet place for all the electronic goodies.
    Do you have a pic? Seems like a great spot to mount a single amp easily.

  13. #13
    Member zeetwentyeight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A, A
    Age
    27
    Posts
    690

    Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

    well i mounted mine with no cutting or fabricating and it looks pretty good to if anyone is interested ill post some pics

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: To sum it all up!!!! Need input
    By Project LS1 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 11:21 PM
  2. Need some input PLEASE
    By 1 RedHot TransAm in forum General Help
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-21-2010, 05:55 PM
  3. input shaft input
    By Ramairgod84 in forum Drivetrain
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 04:54 PM
  4. Need input
    By biga0206 in forum LT1
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-11-2008, 05:57 AM
  5. I need your input.
    By 2001somws6 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 04-18-2007, 05:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •