Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

HuMount Product Review

Installed the HuMount a while ago. Pretty simple but the thing comes with no directions what so ever.

I ordered mine in Red LEDS with the Trans Am only lettering.

Giant problem tho. The red BLEEDS through EVERYWHERE. The entire assembly needs to be painted black except for the trans am area.

Great quality product with great hardware. Fits like a damn glove.

For future guys looking this up. All you have to do to install this is take out your old setup completely. Take off the main cover that has the 4 bolts. Slide in the cd player, replace the cover and 4 bolts. Damn simple.

Installed the positive to the orange dimmer/illumination and the black to the ground. Works great.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS-6 M6

How do you like the red LED's vs the red mini lamp? I mean does the red led's seem like they go with the rest of your interior lighting??? I've heard the mini lamp matches our interior lighting better. i know this is an old thread but im bout to buy a humount and wanna get the right one u know......

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

I just installed mine and there may have been some kind of warning on the site but I didn't see it. I have a single din that the face flips down and it does not work with it with out modification. Little more work because you have to install the chassis first against the back of the face plate wich takes some time to get right and then slide the head unit in with out the face on, then reinstall the face plate of the HUmount and then put your head unit face back on and install in to the car. One draw back is I can't use the trim ring for the unit but the HUmonts face plate covers everything so it looks good.

As far as the LEDS bleeding around the bezel you just need to take some aluminum ducting tape and cover the bottom and top and side of the LED bar and it will not bleed. LED bar is a transparent plastic and will let the light out if you dont cover it. No complaint other than they are made to order specs so expect to wait for it unless you live in Canada. Took mine about 3 weeks and they do not comunicate well at all you just kind of order it and hope it comes type deal. Which it did so it will come it just takes some time.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS-6 M6

Thx for chiming in JaycenK i mighty appreciate it. truly i didnt think anyone would notice my post and i wanna get this Humount ordered but wanna order the right one. So with the modifiaction its basically what you jus described more of a install mod no cutting or grinding on the HUmount correct? mines a flip down too. And are you overall happy with your Humount now that you got it all installed and everything or would you of rathered save your $80 and just used a normal mounting bracket? Thx once again.

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Well I like it and yes it is mostly a normal bolt in install. There is a tab in the cars frame work the sticks up to alow for rear support and my head unit was to long for it so you break it off and bend the metal part down but yes it just bolts in once you figure out how you need to mount it. I will say this I thought about cutting the face plate that gose on the HUMOUNT so I could mount it normal but I did the words CAMARO Z28 that light up and then Chevrolet below and I would have had to cut into that so I came up with a way to mount the headunit chasis against the face plate of the HUMOUNT. and it just fit. I can't say that all flip down faces will I might have just goten lucky. I would call him and see if he has a face plate that will work for your head unit first. because if you have to cut it the HUMOUNT face plate is aluminum and I think it is powder coated so it may chip if you have to widen it or make it taller. My problem was that there was no room under the HUMOUNTface plate for the headunit face to pivot in when the face comes down and like I said I got lucky that it clears the way it is now.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS-6 M6

Hmm... Ya thats a good idea i will prob just call him before ordering it. I was just going to get lettering up top only so hopefully that will be to my benefit and help me out a lil bit. Thx JaycenK.

Thread Information