Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28

How to turn of all lights

Hi,

I have a 2002 Z28 and was wondering if there is anything that can be done to have all lights turned of while the car is running/ignition is on.

As you know when ignition is turned on the sidelamps and turnlights/parking lights comes on automatically. If it is dark outside the DRL system turns of these lights and put on the headlights instead.
    So unfortunately either of these lights are always on, but I would like the car totally black when the light switch is turned of (just like it used to be with older cars). No sidelamps, no park/turnsignal lams and no headlights.
    Any help on how to manage this would be welcome.

Thanks, Kenneth

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

I would love to know if someone could go onestep further and explain a way to turn off brake lights too. How bad ass would it be if you're speeding in the night, you see cop lights behind you-click-pitch black, even your brakes so you can take an exit and not be seen.

black
    99 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Fin02-Z28 View Post
    Hi,

I have a 2002 Z28 and was wondering if there is anything that can be done to have all lights turned of while the car is running/ignition is on.

As you know when ignition is turned on the sidelamps and turnlights/parking lights comes on automatically. If it is dark outside the DRL system turns of these lights and put on the headlights instead.
    So unfortunately either of these lights are always on, but I would like the car totally black when the light switch is turned of (just like it used to be with older cars). No sidelamps, no park/turnsignal lams and no headlights.

Thanks, Kenneth

i just did it to mine.. heres the link that i used...
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpo...21&postcount=6

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28

HI,

Yes I know this trick how to turn of the DRL & headlights, BUT the amber lights are still on. How do you turn of those?

It should be completely black when running.

Any more ideas?
    Kenneth

Black/Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6 A4

you could do what I'm currently working on... I'm making custom LED panels to replace my bulbs, but you can still keep the original bulbs if you want... but basically the controller is going to take the signal that goes to each bulb, and react accordingly... I will have a small controller up front (optional,) to set everything up... I can go into 'stealth' mode and all the lights turn off... theoretically, I could still have the headlights on if I wanted...

personally, I'm using almost 1,000 LEDS and making some crazy shit where I can put up images and text on my tail lights... like 'WS6' or a crappily-drawn fire-bird or something...

possibilities are endless...

plus the microcontrollers needed are like $2

pewter
    2001 SS

I just gave mine the snip. Thats the shit! Thanx SO much!

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    I would love to know if someone could go onestep further and explain a way to turn off brake lights too. How bad ass would it be if you're speeding in the night, you see cop lights behind you-click-pitch black, even your brakes so you can take an exit and not be seen.
    and your reflectors that are in your tail light lenses? and side markers that have them as well...

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    and your reflectors that are in your tail light lenses? and side markers that have them as well...
    bah, the idea is to pass the cop, kill the lights and hit 120 before he can put it in D

Black SVT & Silver WS6
    2003 SVT Cobra & 2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    you could do what I'm currently working on... I'm making custom LED panels to replace my bulbs, but you can still keep the original bulbs if you want... but basically the controller is going to take the signal that goes to each bulb, and react accordingly... I will have a small controller up front (optional,) to set everything up... I can go into 'stealth' mode and all the lights turn off... theoretically, I could still have the headlights on if I wanted...

personally, I'm using almost 1,000 LEDS and making some crazy shit where I can put up images and text on my tail lights... like 'WS6' or a crappily-drawn fire-bird or something...

possibilities are endless...

plus the microcontrollers needed are like $2

must be EE.....
    No replacement for displacement.

Click for full size

you can "hide" the DRL/signal lights using this kit:
    http://www.lmperformance.com/2675/1.html

it will hide them 80-90%... if you want to completely hide them just paint the inside of these masks with black paint. GT-S cover one that just push in. Easy to remove and clean if needed. The rubber on the outer lip holds them in place. There's another kit for "driving" lights.. those ones will "smoke" the fog lights but I think fog lights are nice the way they are...

while the key is out of the ignition, Pull the E-Brake up at least one click and the turn the car on and no DRLs

It talks about it in the Owner's Manuel (that's how I found out)

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by VeryTALONted View Post
    while the key is out of the ignition, Pull the E-Brake up at least one click and the turn the car on and no DRLs

It talks about it in the Owner's Manuel (that's how I found out)
    I do this in the staging lines at the track, helps the battery stay up while I run the fans. Get to the burn-out box chick the brake down.
    Pewter 02 Z28:LS6 cam/LPE CNC heads, NOS 5177, AM4 Transgo w/2600 Yank, SLP goodies, Hoosiers DR, BMR subs./lcr/loop, SLP "Y"/Borla Bear Rotors/Brakes 147000 miles
    motor 334 rwhp, NOS (100 shot) 409 rwhp
    1/8 ("Q") 7.71@92mph, 1.83 60ft (100)
    1/4 (Fontana) 12.38@111.3 (50)

Maple Red
    2000 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Fin02-Z28 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks, Kenneth
    Have you looked at this site http://www.xse.com/leres/ss/drl.html . I have a 2000 TA and this worked great. I connected a on/off switch to the module pins. That way I can select the factory DRL(ON) if I want. Hope this helps.

black / black
    '91 Z28 / '10 SS

Quote Originally Posted by SixR View Post
    I connected a on/off switch to the module pins. That way I can select the factory DRL(ON) if I want. Hope this helps.
    good idea!

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

Its been proven that people notice your car more when you have lights on. I don't want to be in my third accident caused by some teen girl so I'll keep them on thank you.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

My taillights kept shorting out. Found out it was due to my DRL module shorting.....300 dollar part...so my mechanic wired around it...so now my lights are totally manual (except my brake lights, TSS you crazy man lol). However, I have to go back soon, they forgot to unhook the switch in the E-brake that turns the lights on, so if I put my E-brake all the way down, my taillight fuse blows...so i have to ride with it one click up at night....during the day, putting the E-brake down is the only way my DRL's work...because my DRL module only shorts out my taillights when the ambient light sensor says its nighty nite time....hope somebody can make some sense out of my rambling of an explanation. My car is rigged

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

black / black
    '91 Z28 / '10 SS

Quote Originally Posted by SixR View Post
    Have you looked at this site http://www.xse.com/leres/ss/drl.html . I have a 2000 TA and this worked great. I connected a on/off switch to the module pins. That way I can select the factory DRL(ON) if I want. Hope this helps.
    Just found out that you can connect a switch to the pink wire, resp. cut this wire to have both features off!

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Good news and semi bad news...

Good News: I wired up a way to turn off both the brake lights (rear lights don't light up when you hit the brakes), AND rear lights when the headlights are on (Headlights and dash stay on, but your taillights go out). This is the ultimate way to run at night

Bad News: It had to take 2 different switches (one for the brake lights and one for the rear lights for when then headlights are on). Also, I did not take out the daytime running lights...I plan on pulling the e-brake up one click to shut them off when I need to.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Good news and semi bad news...

Good News: I wired up a way to turn off both the brake lights (rear lights don't light up when you hit the brakes), AND rear lights when the headlights are on (Headlights and dash stay on, but your taillights go out). This is the ultimate way to run at night

Bad News: It had to take 2 different switches (one for the brake lights and one for the rear lights for when then headlights are on). Also, I did not take out the daytime running lights...I plan on pulling the e-brake up one click to shut them off when I need to.
    you can PM that mod to me anytime bro!

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    bah, the idea is to pass the cop, kill the lights and hit 120 before he can put it in D
    he wont see ya, but he can hear ya lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information