Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How to replace subs in sails

This is a discussion on How to replace subs in sails within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by suvettetexas Sorry i replied/quoted the wrong post, but if you are still looking for replacements try a ...

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by suvettetexas View Post
    Sorry i replied/quoted the wrong post, but if you are still looking for replacements try a place called KEE AUDIO, he specializes in F-body audio stuff, top notch and good pricing as well.
    That is the Company I was trying to remember the name of

Thanks, I knew someone would know.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

We do not have any site sponsors for car audio equipment (Note: I checked GM Parts Direct and could not find any speakers listed). I have found GM replacement speakers for our cars through Trans Am Creations. I purchased one from them right after we acquired our car for the left side, and another just a few weeks ago for the right side as it went out last year. Less than $60 for the speaker if I recall. They have new speakers for both Monsoon and non-Monsoon equipped cars.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

That's really good to know.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Question

I was looking at the CDT lineup from Kee Audio based on the above posts for a better than factory replacement for the rear sals. After 60K miles of double bass rolls, one finally gave out over the summer. I figured since I was in there I might as well do a bolt-in upgrade. I don't mind fabbing up a spacer if needed, but otherwise I would like a direct splice-in replacement. No need for state of the art sound, just improved over factory.

Forgive me because I'm completely ignorant when it comes to car auidio, but which midbass driver is used/preferred? I'm sure several members have experience with them. Any advice based on my humble req's above? It looks like the CL-6 is what comes in the site's premium package. Will this fit, or is the CL-6E at 6.5" the better option?

Thanks in advance for any input. I'm more of a straightline performance guy, but want my sail panel sound back, and it would be great to take advantage of the knowledge here and do it right the first time.
    Nick

2002 Trans Am WS6 - 520rwhp
    D1SC @ 10lbs | FLT Level V - SS3600 - ARH 1 3/4" LTs w/ Catted Y-pipe - Corsa - Koni 4/3's - UMI Adj. LCAs and Brackets - UMI 3 Pt. SFC's - UMI PHB - UMI STB - TTM's (17X9, 17X10.5) - M/T ET Streets

Black
    2002 Firehawk

I just placed an order for Kee Audio's premium replacement speaker setup, but opted for the Bazooka 6.5 DVC instead of the CDT CL-6 mid bass. As per Kee Audio's suggestion, he recommended going with the Bazooka's since I have no plans on adding a sub later on down the road, those with future sub plans the mid bass speaker will offer a proper/nicer transitional sound.... From what I understand.

Send Kee Audio an email, he's very knowledgeable and will more than likely steer you in the right direction for all your audio needs. It might take him a little while to reply, as this isn't his full time business.

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 02Firehawk View Post
    I just placed an order for Kee Audio's premium replacement speaker setup, but opted for the Bazooka 6.5 DVC instead of the CDT CL-6 mid bass. As per Kee Audio's suggestion, he recommended going with the Bazooka's since I have no plans on adding a sub later on down the road, those with future sub plans the mid bass speaker will offer a proper/nicer transitional sound.... From what I understand.

Send Kee Audio an email, he's very knowledgeable and will more than likely steer you in the right direction for all your audio needs. It might take him a little while to reply, as this isn't his full time business.
    +1 for kee.. I have the bazookas in mine and love em.. My only complaint is they do get slightly drowned out at speed; i.e. not as much bass when the car is moving. But I would attribute that more to the design of the sail panel housing, than the speaker itself. dont get me wrong, they still sound solid

PLEASE DONT REPLACE THEM WITH OEM (delco) SPEAKERS!!!

If anyone does go the route of the Bazookas and have questions regarding installation etc. feel free to ask me, cause although its a pretty straightforward install, there are a few tips to save you some headaches/time
    Last edited by nichoLaS1; 02-21-2011 at 10:07 AM.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Just be careful when taking the screws out so that the clips don't fall. You'll never get them back if they do. Ask me how I know [/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. Do you know where I could pick some new ones up?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information