Results 1 to 7 of 7

here comes the 2010 camaro install

This is a discussion on here comes the 2010 camaro install within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; oober excitement for me!!! getn ready to install a system in my buddies brand new 2010 camaro ss, hes gettn ...

  1. #1
    Member fieropope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    union mo
    Posts
    183

    white
    01 formula

    here comes the 2010 camaro install

    oober excitement for me!!! getn ready to install a system in my buddies brand new 2010 camaro ss, hes gettn 2 infinity 12" refrence series in a custom box and a JBL 700w amp , with the stock head in the plan for now. as of now i havent even gotten to the car for measurements or wiring plans.but pictures will be taken and if i get around to it i will post them here for all to ENVY.lol

  2. #2
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    wondering what the hell will be available to replace that H.U. considering it's facia is moldedinto the dash so seemlessly?

  3. #3
    Chief of his tribe! LSCyaL8R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,460

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

    people said the same thing about the oval radio in the 1996 taurus which eventually led to similar units in the escort and zx2 and other ford vehicles. Adapter plates eventually were made and I'm sure where there is a market there will be a product. ESPECIALLY on a car as hot as the Camaro.... I'd say look no further than the 2009 Mustang but I just realized it uses standard double din. Meh get Xzibit on the case!!!

    Yo son I heard you like pedobear so we installed a little girl radar in your car so you can find him wherever you drive!!!

  4. #4
    Member fieropope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    union mo
    Posts
    183

    white
    01 formula

    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    wondering what the hell will be available to replace that H.U. considering it's facia is moldedinto the dash so seemlessly?
    leaving the stock HU for now just for warranty purposes setting up the system where it can be easily removed for anytime it has to go back to the shop. just have to remove the box and amp tuck the wires in and looks like stock.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    austin
    Posts
    524

    Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

    Quote Originally Posted by fieropope View Post
    leaving the stock HU for now just for warranty purposes setting up the system where it can be easily removed for anytime it has to go back to the shop. just have to remove the box and amp tuck the wires in and looks like stock.
    don't forget to pull the fuse coming off the battery or you could start a fire.

  6. #6
    Member 02WS6dream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    668

    08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

    and what warranty issues would you have with stereo upgrade? Don't know if you're bein paranoid or have had a bad experience--I'm curious because I've completely replaced just about every stock radio component in each of my vehicles and never had warranty issue--and don't want to either There is no way i'm removing my stereo anytime it would go in for service or repair--unless i was having a wierd electrical issue. just doesn't seem likely

  7. #7
    Member fieropope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    union mo
    Posts
    183

    white
    01 formula

    Quote Originally Posted by 02WS6dream View Post
    and what warranty issues would you have with stereo upgrade? Don't know if you're bein paranoid or have had a bad experience--I'm curious because I've completely replaced just about every stock radio component in each of my vehicles and never had warranty issue--and don't want to either There is no way i'm removing my stereo anytime it would go in for service or repair--unless i was having a wierd electrical issue. just doesn't seem likely
    no the head unit doesnt worry me for waranty problems the amplifier and wireing which is extra load on All of the charging system. dealers dont like that all that much espescially when they are expected to foot the bill on repairs .i would never worry about an aftermerket stereo voiding a waranty but this cars owner doesnt want to change the HU just yet.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2010 Chevrolet Camaro vs. 2010 Ford Saleen Mustang - Ponycar
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2010, 04:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •