Red
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

Question Help With Monsoon System!!!!

I own a red 2000 WS6 Trans Am and just wanted to know if any of you guys or gals know if i could run the stock 2 subs in doors and the 2 subs in the sail pannels off of a 4 channel aftermarket amp. If so what size amp should I go with. This may be a stupid question but are the stock speakers 4 ohm or 2 ohms. I am currently building up a descent system for my car. 7" In-dash DVD/CD, 2 12" sony xplod 1200 Watts each, 2 channel sony 1000 watt amp. I plan on using my stock speakers. And also before i start tearing into her if anybody has any advice they could set me up with WOULD BE GREAT. Considering that i have never messed with a Monsoon system. THANK YOU

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

I wouldn't try running a amp to the stock speakers, they blow easy enough as is and are paper crap. Cleaner power is always good, but for the money you have spent so far you could add some nice 6.5S's for around $160 and be done. The stock door woofer is 2ohm and sailpanel sub is dual voice coil 4+4= 2ohms, the seperate tweeter in the door up front is 4ohm and runs off the headunit. You could do coaxil or component, seperation is better with components, but coaxils are normally cheaper. If adding a amp to power them your just wasting your time trying to make the ones in there sound any better.

If you decide not to add a amp for them, then you don't have alot of options, most speakers are 4ohm and the mids in the FBody is 2ohm, so the output would be weaker normally unless they are super efficent. I've been pushing the Infinity kappa 2ohm speakers because they are 2ohm and is really the only reason since as far as I know they are the only 2ohm 6.5S's available. I do like the tweeters with the Infinity speakers and crisp highs.
    Last edited by rotwiler; 02-01-2006 at 10:19 PM.

Thread Information