2000 Trans Am

Hard to install?

I am thinking about purchasing a 12 disc cd changer for my 2000 TA. My car didn't come with that option and i plan on purchasing one that did come stock in another trans am? Is this hard to install, i know it goes in the trunk but am not sure what wires it goes to......any help would be appreciated!~Chris
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

I believe the wiring is still there even though you didn't have it originally.

There should be a connection on the driver side under the panel that holds the speakers in the trunk area. It's black.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's TA View Post
    I believe the wiring is still there even though you didn't have it originally.

There should be a connection on the driver side under the panel that holds the speakers in the trunk area. It's black.
    Would I have to splice any wires? And how would i get the wire from underneith there to inside my trunk? and it's on the drivers side?

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

The connection is already in the trunk. The panel on the Driver Side, the furthest one in the back. Has a speaker grill on the outside, there are two speakers attached to it. Pull off that panel and you will see the connection. It will be attached to the wires that run to your speakers, I believe.

I've never installed one, but I think all you have to do is plug the changer into the connection that's there and it will work.

Only thing you should have to worry about is mounting the changer.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You could also do a search in the Stereo / Electronics Forum to see if there are other threads about this.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's TA View Post
    The connection is already in the trunk. The panel on the Driver Side, the furthest one in the back. Has a speaker grill on the outside, there are two speakers attached to it. Pull off that panel and you will see the connection. It will be attached to the wires that run to your speakers, I believe.

I've never installed one, but I think all you have to do is plug the changer into the connection that's there and it will work.

Only thing you should have to worry about is mounting the changer.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You could also do a search in the Stereo / Electronics Forum to see if there are other threads about this.
    thanks for the input. if the connection is there it would be rather easy to install, the only problem i would have is where to mount it like you said. But i always thought it was on the passenger side i guess i was wrong.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

I saw an Delco changer in the trunk at a junkyard. It was sitting on the little shelf area in the driver side hatch. That's where allot of ppl but a single sub box.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i'll sell you mine. I have no use for it. I dunno the price they go for??

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    i'll sell you mine. I have no use for it. I dunno the price they go for??
    would it work in my car? or do you know if i would have to splice into any wires? also do you have the cd "sleave" that goes inside it as well? How much is the lowest you are willing to take?
    Last edited by clg82; 09-12-2008 at 09:14 AM.

2000 Trans Am

If anyone has ever done this before i could use some input. What did you mount it to if your car wasn't equipped with it. I checked under the rear panel and the plug is definatley there, but where and what do i mount it too?

Pewter/Black
    02/98 M6 WS6

I put one in my 98 when I got it new. But I the got the changer from the dealer and it came with all the mounting hardware/brackets. If yours is used and does`nt come with it I do`nt know where you would go for for the these. E-Bay? Anyway, it just plugs into the the preexisting cable. It mounts inside the cubby to the left of the t-top storage well behind the driver. I had to mark the bracket mounting holes and drill them out. After I mounted the unit I got underneath where the mounting bolt and nuts went through and sealed them with silicone. About 1 hr. Good luck.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Cmdr Zero View Post
    I put one in my 98 when I got it new. But I the got the changer from the dealer and it came with all the mounting hardware/brackets. If yours is used and does`nt come with it I do`nt know where you would go for for the these. E-Bay? Anyway, it just plugs into the the preexisting cable. It mounts inside the cubby to the left of the t-top storage well behind the driver. I had to mark the bracket mounting holes and drill them out. After I mounted the unit I got underneath where the mounting bolt and nuts went through and sealed them with silicone. About 1 hr. Good luck.
    Thanks for the input, i believe the guy that i am getting it from still has the mounting bracket but am not sure yet he hasn't gotten back to me yet~Chris

Thread Information