Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Getting the DEH-P980BT tomorrow!! also my Eu-700s will be here too!

This is a discussion on Getting the DEH-P980BT tomorrow!! also my Eu-700s will be here too! within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by illcul8troffcr I have to laugh ... the weight of my system .. yea it adds to the ...

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by illcul8troffcr View Post
    I have to laugh ... the weight of my system .. yea it adds to the weight of the car but doesnt effect any of its drivability or performance.. so If I go to the track I may be .00423444 seconds slower .. who gives a shit .. no one on this forum gets paid for racing their cars that I know of and no one lives at the track 7 days a week so sacrificing the small things to gain something like sound quality in my car seems to be the intelligent thing to do .
    and where do you put your ttops? in the back seat to rip the leather? in the rear deck to slide around and get scratched?

anyway, start a new thread if you want to talk about your big system, we're trying to figure out a solution to our problem in here and those seeking the same solution shouldn't have to wade through your babbling to do so.
    Last edited by third_shift|studios; 06-26-2006 at 05:58 AM.

white
    02 SS

4ohm, got it thanks!

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

well, i picked up a set of jl audio 8's for the sail panels. waiting for them to get here. they're the older ones. not the w7. so after i get them, i'll post pics once i get them installed.

Black/Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6 A4

Quote Originally Posted by illcul8troffcr
    As for you saying the speaker location in the back seat is intended for a subwoofer .. sorry but thats incorrect. If that were so the speaker that youre replacing from the factory would be a subwoofer.
    say what? that's exactly what comes there from the factory... a sub-woofer.... and all I did was put in one with an immensly-better build quality...

I wont buy a cheap mini system to replace whats already there for a minimal increase in sound.
    Who said anything about a cheap mini-system? My system plans consist of the 6.5" CDT HD-62s with the upstage-kit.... meaning I'll have the extra imaging tweeters custom mounted on the inside of the door where the mirrors are. EU-700s used as mid-bass drivers, with CDT CL-41 4" components in the hatch, and two Brahma 15" subwoofers running off of at least 1200W RMS...

Anyone considering the EU-700 most likely isn't making a "mini-system," or anything of low standards really...

My thing is this if youre going to do a system do it right .. Spend the money to get the sound you want with the quality and clarity you need.
    Can't even compare a Brahma to a Solo-Baric... wouldn't be fair, really... I'd use the analogy of Apples to Oranges, but really it's more like comparing Apples to rotten Apples...

but the real problem with putting full-range components in the back seat is that your soundstage will be ruined... glad it works for you, but the only reason I'm putting the 4" CDTs in the hatch is for tailgate parties, that's it... I can't even hear them back there... nor do I want to...
    Last edited by ScrapMaker; 06-26-2006 at 12:17 PM.

Black/Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6 A4

Quote Originally Posted by sgt0704 View Post
    well, i picked up a set of jl audio 8's for the sail panels. waiting for them to get here. they're the older ones. not the w7. so after i get them, i'll post pics once i get them installed.
    I don't think you'll be very satisfied with those in the sail panels, but I look forward to seeing the pics... its just that you have to realize you need a free-air subwoofer... also what is the mounting depth of that woofer?

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i really think you should NOT put 8's in the sails. too big, gonna need a lot of fabrication, not enclosed space. Let us know what you're planning.

silver
    1998 Z28

i was thinking something along the lines of this.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382326

otherwise, i would like to try the jl 6 WO's. the 6's have a 3.5" mounting depth.

i think the 8" has a mounting depth of 4 inches. i know that i'm gonna have to cut some.

hopefully, my wife bought me the 6.5 componets from jl audio that i wanted for my birthday. then i'll use the 8's for something else.

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign View Post
    and where do you put your ttops? in the back seat to rip the leather? in the rear deck to slide around and get scratched?

anyway, start a new thread if you want to talk about your big system, we're trying to figure out a solution to our problem in here and those seeking the same solution shouldn't have to wade through your babbling to do so.
    I hate to be the one to inform you but you dont dictate where or when i post so if you dont like what i have to say click on my name and ignore it. I posted in here because like everyone else I have an opinion about this and what speakers to use and some others might want more than the cheap mans way to get sound from the back seat.

Some people want sound quality.

And as for my t-tops... A smart person would know that back in 82-92 Camaros had biiiiiiiiig soft lined t-top bags that affixed to the back deck and strapped down. I had one of those bags and as amazing as it is, the t-tops fit the same. WOW so I just slide them down behind the passenger seat .. safe and sound ... Wheres your head?
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

Black/Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6 A4

I would just strap the bag in the back... it all depends on your setup though... I plan on putting in some sort of custom mount... that t-top subthump box is a no-go for me though... I don't like the idea of them being so loose and scratching on each other...

and about the "cheap-man's way," I'm just wondering which 6.5" subwoofer costs more than the EU-700? Other than the stock speaker from a dealership, I can't think of a single one... I'm still surprised that a sub-woofer as sick as the eu-700s are only $50 a piece... so I'm with you on that... but hey if I save money and also get the best subwoofer for that location, I'm game...

guys, opinions are like assholes; everyone has one. Just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion they aren't doing things WRONG.

Quit telling people what they should do with their cars and just help them solve the problems at hand. Also, stop bickering with each other like 6 year olds it's starting to get really annoying.

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    I would just strap the bag in the back... it all depends on your setup though... I plan on putting in some sort of custom mount... that t-top subthump box is a no-go for me though... I don't like the idea of them being so loose and scratching on each other...

and about the "cheap-man's way," I'm just wondering which 6.5" subwoofer costs more than the EU-700? Other than the stock speaker from a dealership, I can't think of a single one... I'm still surprised that a sub-woofer as sick as the eu-700s are only $50 a piece... so I'm with you on that... but hey if I save money and also get the best subwoofer for that location, I'm game...
    I have amps layed out clear across my back deck.. so no can do on the strapping them down thats why I settle them in behind the seat .. works good. and they dont get harmed.

My thing about the EU-700 is a 6.5 is pointless for bass. If you want bass get a real subwoofer.. 8, 10, or 12's 8 being the minimum.... And with putting it where you are speaking of .. the Eu-700 isnt a full range speaker so you wont hear the words or sound you would hear from a full range speaker thats supposed to be there... its pointless to take away from your surround sound that goes for all driver and passengers.. just because the Eu-700 fits in that particular hole and its cheap..

If anything the stealth boxes that go back in the back hole would be ideal for a sub ... bass is non directional so it doesnt matter where you put it in the car youre still going to hear it. so with all that said personally speaking .. I love my music and love sound quality .. cant stand distortion... if you want full sound and want it done right .. go the right way about it and put the type of speakers where there supposed to be acoustically ..

Black/Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6 A4

well I plan on using the eu-700s only as "sub-woofers" until I get my dual 15" brahmas/tumults really... after that, I will adjust the crossovers accordingly to have them play just midbass...

I just wanted to point out that you really can't knock the eu-700s until you've heard them... maybe for your setup you feel that they are worthless... our goal here is to inform people that they have an alternative to the overpriced stock woofers, and to try and show how to properly install them...

just remember though, while the EU-700's (obviously) will not perform stellar in the 30-50hz range, they WILL effortlessly fill the gap between your subwoofers and front components... because you really don't want those front woofers playing much below 80, depending on how well you dampen everything, that is...

back on topic though, I am getting a decently-large sum of money by selling my old car, and I will be able to get these custom spacers made... it bothers me that I have to pay money to get some stupid wooden spacers made, because I can easily do it myself, but I have no dang tools for it right now...

unfortunately, I have to use the majority of the money to have my stock 10-bolt completely rebuilt($1400).... arg... I wish I could get a stronger rearend without going broke...

silver
    1998 Z28

so did any one check out the thread on the 8's at ls1tech? do you think that would be a good idea. my jl's should be here tomorrow. prolly wait til after my bday to see if the wife bought me the jl componet set that i wanted first before i go hacking up the car.. any one seen a stealth box suited for two 8's?

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by sgt0704 View Post
    so did any one check out the thread on the 8's at ls1tech? do you think that would be a good idea. my jl's should be here tomorrow. prolly wait til after my bday to see if the wife bought me the jl componet set that i wanted first before i go hacking up the car.. any one seen a stealth box suited for two 8's?
    Here you go sir you ask you shall recieve and yes it has them for 8's too one on each side

http://www.subthump.com/acamarostealth.htm

silver
    1998 Z28

no, no... i mean two 8's in one stealth box.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i don't think their's enough room, man...for 2 8s in one little box.

white
    02 SS

hey bene i got my eu700s today have u gotten yours? i'm waiting for that write up. I looked behind my stock sub and I have that metal beam also. Maybe I'll just try the spacer thing and see if that works. I have a Fosgate amp to push them and I'll probably leave the stock monsoon on the others if its possible. When I had my Eclipse avn7000 hooked up I think they disconnected the stock amp I'm not sure.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

that's prolly the route to go: drill a 1/2" breather hole, and add a 1/4" spacer to them. You'll prolly have to cut one of the grill tabs b/c the speaker rim will stick out. I think that amp should push just fine.

Black/Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6 A4

yeah you have to go spacers, most definitely... I still need to get mine... it's just a hassle because I have to make an appointment... arg

the biggest deal is that since these woofers are DVC, there are terminals on each side... you have to cut a HUGE notch out of the spacer ring just to get it to fit... and a standard 6.5 component spacer that I bought was too small to begin with... I wish I knew that before I spent a whole hour cutting on them...

white
    02 SS

Anyone know of a place in Southern Calif. that makes these spacers without charging outrageous prices?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information