Four 15" power acoustic MOFO's

This is a discussion on Four 15" power acoustic MOFO's within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; Hey everybody its me again the guy with the mods that everybody loves to hate. I am about to aquire ...

LS1 Pimpin made easy

silver
    1998 trans am

Talking Four 15" power acoustic MOFO's

Hey everybody its me again the guy with the mods that everybody loves to hate. I am about to aquire 4 15" power acoustic mofo's that I am going to put in my 1998 trans am(say goodbye to the back seat!!!). How should we get the box built?

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

Never seen 4 15's in a f Body... I know a box could be done for 2, but the back seat is not a good area for any bass, anyone I ever seen do a box in the back seat was unhappy with it.

LS1 Pimpin made easy

silver
    1998 trans am

could I go with an L shaped box that uses the airspace of the backseat but faces the subs torwards the Hatch?

Black
    00 ss camaro

All you need is 1 jl audio w7 13 1/2. You can go to yahoo photos and look at some of the pics of cars there with 4 15 in a f body.

Mystic Teal Metallic 79U
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Hey Evil!! The only real problem with four 15 MOFO series is that the MOFO's are not designed for a sealed enclosure. They are made for ported enclosures as I recall. Just looked it up...3.75cubic feet per sub....thats 15 cu. ft. of airspace you need for those subs. I know you like a challenge but is there even that much space in your whole interior??!! I was looking at those subs awhile back and went the JL route...yea I know how UNoriginal. They are killer looking subs. Also, you may have to put airshocks or something to sustain the extra weight of the enclosre and the subs. The subs ALONE have 340 oz. magnets X 4 plus the enclosure weight which would apparently take up most of your car. Hell just wall the back in and have em face the windsheild with a slot type port running along the bottom where the rear footwells are. Like I said I know you like a chalenge but damn dude. You will of course have to bring that car to G10 in Marietta this year. I would have to see this in person!! Good luck EVIL!!

1966 Corvette Coupe

i say big over kill in an f body... and im confused as of who you are... evlls1 sold his t/a and got an 03 harley ford right? well he sold v 2.0 an wrecked v 1.0... soooo who the hell are you? and if you arent him y do you have a pic of a car very similar to his in your profile?

-me

sebring silver
    1999 camaro z28

this has nothing to do with the thread but my manager at work is looking to get a vette and he saw a frc vette and he cant figure out what it is, i noticed that you have one.. what exactly is it???

Mystic Teal Metallic 79U
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Now I'm confused because I thought this was the same guy also? He used one of my quotes on his web site. Of course this was a LONG time ago and LS1.com has changed quite a bit too. I'm a junior member now...lol!!

LS1 Pimpin made easy

silver
    1998 trans am

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by predator
    i say big over kill in an f body... and im confused as of who you are... evlls1 sold his t/a and got an 03 harley ford right? well he sold v 2.0 an wrecked v 1.0... soooo who the hell are you? and if you arent him y do you have a pic of a car very similar to his in your profile?

-me
    Ok I am not brandon. I bought the V.2 from the car lot he traded it in at. I got ahold of brandon and we have been talking about things to do with the car and his website, where I got the pictures of my car. www.evlls1.com/transam.html

1966 Corvette Coupe

ahhhhhhhhhh.... ok... oh and pm about frc is on the way...

Mystic Teal Metallic 79U
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Man you got one helluva car. Treat her good as you've basically been passed a well known car. I wish someone had a car like that when I was shopping for one!! Anyway...welcome!! You need to take that ride to G10 this year!! Alot of fun. Its memorial day weekend and it's in Marietta just off the freeway at the Mariott Hotel. You can see it clearly on the right if your going north on 75. Heres the website: http://www.fbodygathering.net/ Hope to see you there!!

Thread Information