Artic White
    01 WS6

Factory Alarm problem, yes another thread

A while back I came out from the store and disarmed the alarm tried to start my car (2001 WS6) and it wouldn’t start. The dash lights all came on but when turning the key, nothing. I noticed the security light remained on, I sat in the parking lot for an hour trying to figure out what the hell was going on, finally I found the shock sensor in the rear and disconnected it and it started right up. The alarm never triggered or made a sound.

A few months went by, sensor still disconnected. Took the car to get gas and went to start it, bam! Here we go again no freaking starting of the motor. Again the security light was on but this time I had not armed the alarm since I was just getting gas. Now Im holding up a line, and people are getting all pissed off. Finally after about 30 min or so It started.

Earlier in the day I had washed the engine compartment. So I’m guessing some water got into something. I couldn’t find a shock sensor or anything in the engine compartment.

Ive searched around but didnt find a post with the exact problem Im having with my alarm. Most posts are about the actual horn going off.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you fix it.

Are there any sensors in the engine compartment?

I need to clean my engine compartment but am kind or scared to do it now.

Appreciate any suggestions or info.

I dont mind disabling the alarm but I do like the keyless entry.

Thanks!

Don't think the shock sensor in the back (there's none in the engine compartment) of the car has anything to do with the "security" light being on - that's a VATS issue (BCM not recognizing the key). Sometimes the security light will go off after a few minutes, sounds like what happened the first time.

Artic White
    01 WS6

2001NBMZ28,

I thought the same thing at first but when I plugged the sensor back in the car wouldnt start. Unplugged it, it started. Go figure...

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by WD-40 View Post
    A while back I came out from the store and disarmed the alarm tried to start my car (2001 WS6) and it wouldn’t start. The dash lights all came on but when turning the key, nothing. I noticed the security light remained on, I sat in the parking lot for an hour trying to figure out what the hell was going on, finally I found the shock sensor in the rear and disconnected it and it started right up. The alarm never triggered or made a sound.

A few months went by, sensor still disconnected. Took the car to get gas and went to start it, bam! Here we go again no freaking starting of the motor. Again the security light was on but this time I had not armed the alarm since I was just getting gas. Now Im holding up a line, and people are getting all pissed off. Finally after about 30 min or so It started.

Earlier in the day I had washed the engine compartment. So I’m guessing some water got into something. I couldn’t find a shock sensor or anything in the engine compartment.

Ive searched around but didnt find a post with the exact problem Im having with my alarm. Most posts are about the actual horn going off.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you fix it.

Are there any sensors in the engine compartment?

I need to clean my engine compartment but am kind or scared to do it now.

Appreciate any suggestions or info.

I dont mind disabling the alarm but I do like the keyless entry.

Thanks!
    Hey buddy this is a risk recall from pontiac and they will put a new shock sensor in for free got mine replace a year ago and they dont have to tell u about risk recalls so call a dealer they will replace it for u.
    "The only reason i knew was my dad works for a GM autorized dealer"
    Last edited by Jetblak; 10-28-2006 at 10:57 AM. Reason: forgot one thing

Artic White
    01 WS6

Thanks for the info JetBlak

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by WD-40 View Post
    Thanks for the info JetBlak
    Anytime

Thread Information