DVD in a Trans Am

This is a discussion on DVD in a Trans Am within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; I know this has been asked before and was wondering what it takes to get a double din in the ...

Red
    99 Pontiac WS.6 Trans Am

DVD in a Trans Am

I know this has been asked before and was wondering what it takes to get a double din in the car? I see that they are going pretty cheap, around $500. Does anyone have any pics? I had some picks a while back but cant find the fourm where I found them at!

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

dude there have been at least three threads on this this week alone I have payed close attention and have seen pictures but noone can say where to buy or five links I have settled to the fact that I eill have to get a retractable one and move the heating controls to the top and the stereo down low this way the vents wont blow on it..

Red
    99 Pontiac WS.6 Trans Am

Well check out what I found bro ! I create a username and will try to start a thread there with some help questions but there is lots of good info here. What do you think? I think some of these set ups' are SWEEEEEEEEET!

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/gene...-firebird.html

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...sh-lcd-pc.html

Wow those are some nice set ups but thats gotta be a PITA to set up and get working. I like how the one person relocated the HVAC control panel into the glove compart. Makes me want to do something similar, but then that would take money away from the go fast goodies

Arctic White
    2001 Firebird

did you see the guy who put the cd drive in his sun visor? that's innovation there....why are people installing computers in their car? what advantage does that give them? don't most of these DVD head units already have everything you need?

Quote Originally Posted by LgndKller20073 View Post
    did you see the guy who put the cd drive in his sun visor? that's innovation there....why are people installing computers in their car? what advantage does that give them? don't most of these DVD head units already have everything you need?
    i was just looking through the pictures i thought it was just a dvd in the dvd holder behind his visor wow thats freakin crazy. Well i guess some people want to get more than whatever the dvd player offers, i dunno, but its some innovative shit right thurr....

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

I intend on putting one in my car as well. Reasons I want a computer in my car is things like free nav, my entire movie and music collection (250+gigs) without my Zune or any CDs/DVDs, as well as OBDII diagnostics and such. You can get a bluetooth OBDII adapter and have real time date on your screen. The limits are damn near endless.

Thread Information