Thread: Dual xd7500

NBM
    2000 Camaro

Dual xd7500

Ok, so you guys are going to tell me it is crap. I know. My friend gave me his for free because he would occasionally have problems with the faceplate motor and he since bought an alpine. However, since it was free, i'd like to install it for now until i can afford a better headunit (which wont be for a long time, its not at the top of my list of priorities for my car). Anyways, what he didnt give me, because he didnt have it, was the harness that actually plugs directly into the headunit, the one that always comes with a headunit when you buy it. If anyone has a dual headunit, would you please be willing to take a picture of this harness for me so that i can see the wires colors, or draw a diagram or something. I dont feel like ordering this part from dual because i dont even know how well the unit is going to work for me so i'd rather just rig it up to work myself. Thanks

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Dual uses a really small harness...I highly doubt you're going to be able to rig something up that's not going to F up pretty quickly... but if you really need it... Looking at the back of the radio, Top row left to right...Yellow, red, green/black, green, white/black, white, purple, purple/black...Bottom row left to right...Black, RCA right, RCA left, blank slot, blue, gray, gray/black.

NBM
    2000 Camaro

Thanks for the reply. Well i ended up getting one at hhgreg, the install guy pulled one out of a drawer and gave it to me for 10 bucks. But yea i would have been able to make it work regardless just knowing the pins, but it was much easier using the harness (obviously).. lol yea i ended up getting it in within 20 minutes.. these cars are really easy to change headunits in... i've done swaps for all my friends and this was by far the easiest

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Trans Am WS.6

I had a Dual hu, the silver one. I may still have it around, so if you still need a pic let me know.

Just so your aware though. I ran into problems with it. The motorized face started freaking out, opening and closing randomly, switching bands, ejecting cds, not playing cds, muting, etc. No set pattern, though I tracked it down to the electrical ribbon that connects the control panel to the headunit. It was shorting out and causeing the problems. Just something to watch out for. Had the HU for over a year before it started.

Thread Information