Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51

Custom box?

This is a discussion on Custom box? within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by Bottesini No need to apologize you covered my mistake after all. I think it sounds good. Nice ...

  1. #21
    Senior Member GULLETT17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    2,554

    00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

    Quote Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post
    No need to apologize you covered my mistake after all.



    I think it sounds good. Nice and clear, I use it more to support the rest of the system then for thump, so mine is turned down quite a bit. I have no complaints about the sub.
    hmm. . . if its comprable to a jl w0 in a homemade box . . then its well worth the money. i will be looking closer into one of these.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Bottesini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denton, Texas soon Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,955

    Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

    Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    hmm. . . if its comprable to a jl w0 in a homemade box . . then its well worth the money. i will be looking closer into one of these.
    I have not dealt with car audio stuff seriously in a long time. So I can not really compare it to other stuff very well. I am happy with the sound, but what I am really pleased with is that it is light and the built in amp which helps me keep as much trunk space as possible (since I have plans for other stuff to go into the trunk ).

  3. #23
    Member devil6rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    440

    SOM / NBM
    2002 Pro Z28/2001 TurboTA

    I will give mine up for $250 with a rockford 10" if anyone is interested / just request pics my amp is toast and i dont wanna put any more money into the audio

  4. #24
    Markeyse Jamar Mundy M-ManLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sylmar, California, United Sta
    Posts
    209

    Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

    You can find them on eBay.

  5. #25
    Sleeper Brad(WS/Z0.6)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    225

    Black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by NoscamaroSS View Post
    My friend builds them and sells them on Ebay. Heres a link to one of his old sales:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...9537&viewitem=

    He will have another batch ready to go this weekend. He did have to go up a little on the price though cause the price of materials when up.
    hey..does he still do these?? i NEEEEEEED one and his look great!!!

  6. #26
    Member NoscamaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Durant, Okla
    Posts
    737

    NBM
    2002 Camaro

    02 Camaro
    PRC Stg 2.5 5.3's, Futral F14, PP Typhoon intake, True duals, Performabuilt tranny, & 3500 convertor, HSW plate kit.
    *Old Time* 10.90@ 125mph

  7. #27
    Sleeper Brad(WS/Z0.6)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    225

    Black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by NoscamaroSS View Post
    awesome!!! tell him to save on because i am buying it as soon as next check rolls in (within 7 days)

  8. #28
    Member NoscamaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Durant, Okla
    Posts
    737

    NBM
    2002 Camaro

    will do!

  9. #29
    GM made me do it!! IT_SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    29
    Posts
    290

    Black
    2002 A4 Z/28

    do they make similar enclosure 12 inch subs?

  10. #30
    Senior Member GULLETT17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    2,554

    00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

    Quote Originally Posted by IT_SS View Post
    do they make similar enclosure 12 inch subs?
    nope 12" is too large to fit in a stealth box . . your would have to go with one like this :
    http://www.subthump.com/acamarowell.htm

  11. #31
    GM made me do it!! IT_SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    29
    Posts
    290

    Black
    2002 A4 Z/28

    Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    nope 12" is too large to fit in a stealth box . . your would have to go with one like this :
    http://www.subthump.com/acamarowell.htm
    Thats what i was afraid of

  12. #32
    Senior Member GULLETT17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    2,554

    00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

    Quote Originally Posted by IT_SS View Post
    Thats what i was afraid of
    i like the sound of the 10 better than a 12 anyway. . .its crisper imo

  13. #33
    Member screaminbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Aurora, Illinois
    Age
    28
    Posts
    314

    White/Gold
    99 T/A sold/67 Firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    nope 12" is too large to fit in a stealth box . . your would have to go with one like this :
    http://www.subthump.com/acamarowell.htm

    12 isnt to big me and my buddy just put a 12 inch in his

  14. #34
    Senior Member GULLETT17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    2,554

    00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

    Quote Originally Posted by screaminbird View Post
    12 isnt to big me and my buddy just put a 12 inch in his
    in a stealth box? i would like to see how he did that

  15. #35
    Sleeper Brad(WS/Z0.6)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    225

    Black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by NoscamaroSS View Post
    will do!
    hey...just bought one Saturday!! Hope to get it soon...

  16. #36
    Member screaminbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Aurora, Illinois
    Age
    28
    Posts
    314

    White/Gold
    99 T/A sold/67 Firebird

    ill try to see if he can email me some pics it started as a 10 then hee dremmeled arounn the opening to make it bigger ur talking about a box from like ws6store right

  17. #37
    Member squee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Age
    27
    Posts
    952

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by screaminbird View Post
    12 isnt to big me and my buddy just put a 12 inch in his
    Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    nope 12" is too large to fit in a stealth box . . your would have to go with one like this :
    http://www.subthump.com/acamarowell.htm
    He's right. You can fit a 12. You can actually get a stealth box from 6litereaterdesigns that is made for a 12. Reason its not a good idea though is cause of the limited airspace.

  18. #38
    Senior Member GULLETT17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    2,554

    00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

    Quote Originally Posted by screaminbird View Post
    ill try to see if he can email me some pics it started as a 10 then hee dremmeled arounn the opening to make it bigger ur talking about a box from like ws6store right
    Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    He's right. You can fit a 12. You can actually get a stealth box from 6litereaterdesigns that is made for a 12. Reason its not a good idea though is cause of the limited airspace.
    really . . this is news to me! i would really like to see this. i went to the 6literaterdesigns website and couldnt find it. (they do have a few other sweet stuff tho). and i would totally agree that even if its possible there is no way there is enough airspace. when i first put my 10 in and sealed the box (i was running it ported at first), the sub would make popping sounds on deep bass. after talkin to some guys at the local car stereo shop, i filled the box with polyfil. this is done when the recommened space with slightly too small for the sub's requirements.

  19. #39
    Member squee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Age
    27
    Posts
    952

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    really . . this is news to me! i would really like to see this. i went to the 6literaterdesigns website and couldnt find it. (they do have a few other sweet stuff tho). and i would totally agree that even if its possible there is no way there is enough airspace. when i first put my 10 in and sealed the box (i was running it ported at first), the sub would make popping sounds on deep bass. after talkin to some guys at the local car stereo shop, i filled the box with polyfil. this is done when the recommened space with slightly too small for the sub's requirements.
    Here ya go.

  20. #40
    Senior Member GULLETT17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    2,554

    00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

    Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    Here ya go.
    thanks. . pretty cool! never would have thought it would fit!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Custom Sub Box
    By TopForm11 in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 12:19 PM
  2. Custom FRC's
    By CWW17 in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-25-2007, 01:09 PM
  3. Custom Tag for my Car
    By jimbo98z in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-09-2006, 02:04 PM
  4. 94' Custom S-10
    By Larnek in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2005, 11:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •