Component pair + Monsoon ???

This is a discussion on Component pair + Monsoon ??? within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; So as usual the door panel speaks are shot. the left doesnt put out highs the right crackles. I can't ...

SOM
    2002 SS

Component pair + Monsoon ???

So as usual the door panel speaks are shot. the left doesnt put out highs the right crackles.

I can't find 62.7is anywhere. Can I just install a component pair ? i was thinking to cut a small hole for the seperate tweeter right above the 6 1/2 in the door panel and use the stock 4 wires to power both as you would with a 62.7i coax.

thoughts?

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up easy fix!

Any 2 way will work as long as its 6.5" inches. I installed kicker two way non component speakers, heres how. On the kickers I just cut the wire going up the middle of the magnet to the highs. To figure out which red and black set of wires is highs and which set is for mids before you cut the wires on your blown stock speakers, tear the paper crap off your stock speakers and you can see which set goes to highs and which set goes to mids. Then mark them and cut em, then wire them accordingly. On the speakers I was adding I did not worry about the capacitarors or whatever is on the highs because the monsoon already crosses them over for you. They sound great, hope this helps! by non component I mean they do not have seperate + & - tabs like stock speakers just one for both. The one that goes up the center of the magnet on my kickers is definately to the highs. This way you dont have to add highs in door panel.
    Last edited by nillam1; 05-11-2009 at 01:28 AM. Reason: added stuff
    2002 Camaro Z28 Bolt ons, Flowmaster catback w/3" QTP electric cutout, Superchips tuned, Granatelli MAF, SLP cold air induction Lid & filter, ZEX powertune plugs, Taylor 10.4mm wires, 160 T-stat w/fan control, Eibach sportlines & BFG-KDW's on 17" SLP SS rims.

SOM
    2002 SS

nillam which speakers did you use? 62.9s? I can get them locally and will put them in tomorrow if they can work. So i take the 2 wires that go to the back of the tweeter and cut them and wire them to the output tweeters? so basically just manually wiring them to the right ones? do i zip tie them off to the side or let them dangle.

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    nillam which speakers did you use? 62.9s? I can get them locally and will put them in tomorrow if they can work. So i take the 2 wires that go to the back of the tweeter and cut them and wire them to the output tweeters? so basically just manually wiring them to the right ones? do i zip tie them off to the side or let them dangle.
    I just used a set of KICKER KS650's I got on ebay. On my Kickers the set of wires running up the middle of the speakers magnets went to the hi's. I do not see any reason you cannot run any brand of non-component speakers (buy non-component I mean speakers that have hi's and mid's together on one + & -) and seperate them yourself, as long as you find out which set of wires is hi's and which set of wire's is mids. I did not zip tie anything off to the sides but it can't hurt. Although I won't be entering any stereo competitions anytime soon they sound fine to me. Good luck!

Thread Information