Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Completed stereo install.

This is a discussion on Completed stereo install. within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; lil bit of this... followed by this... then to end it all.......

I Love High-Explosives! TheChad1371's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

lil bit of this... followed by this... then to end it all....

The Pulse of the Maggots SicWs6's Avatar

NBM
    1999 Trans Am WS6

looks really good man!!! i'll bet it sounds good also!
    "How's your whole...Family?

Visit My Garage!
    http://www.fquick.com/SicWs6

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by SicWs6 View Post
    looks really good man!!! i'll bet it sounds good also!
    It is so loud and clear. Actually the first day i got finished installing it and tuning it i drove around for about an hour, when i got back my ears were hurting so bad that i ended up retuning the whole system to a lower level ok who else has pics of there auto system

Even Bandit Is Jealous mpunklil's Avatar

Black
    2004 Cadillac CTS-V

Give me a couple months, still collecting parts...but expect something pretty wild

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

cant wait to see it!

Black
    2004 Cadillac CTS-V

My last setup in my Bronco II consisted of three 5-channel amps, 3 way components all around, active crossover, five 8" subs, one 15" sub, carputer, 3 Farad cap, 3 Yellow tops, epicenter, surround sound processor, etc. way more crap than i really needed, but it was fun putting it all togeter. too bad there isnt a t-top rear hatch box for a 15

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

holly shit man...

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by TheChad1371 View Post
    holly shit man...

Ditto, that sounds insane man!!!

SSMOKIN_SS
    Nice setup hope it sounds better than it looks. So you drive with your ASR off.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SSMOKIN_SS View Post
    Nice setup hope it sounds better than it looks. So you drive with your ASR off.
    I still need to rewire the stuff up so the wires aren't so obvious, make it look cleaner.

You'd like it, sucker is clean and loud!

I always drive with my ASR off, don't see a need to have it on.

Black
    2004 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos01SS View Post
    I still need to rewire the stuff up so the wires aren't so obvious, make it look cleaner.

You'd like it, sucker is clean and loud!

I always drive with my ASR off, don't see a need to have it on.
    a piece of advice, drop those tweeters down low instead of up high where they are at. Granted they are loud as hell and right in your ear, but just give it a try down low and then see how you like it. you will get a LOT better stereo seperation.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

I was told either have the tweeters right next to the subs or at least 18" apart, so I opted for the latter...

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

i guess you can say that...

Black
    2004 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos01SS View Post
    I was told either have the tweeters right next to the subs or at least 18" apart, so I opted for the latter...
    wow, somebody totally bullshitted you man. The real rule of thumb, is to have the tweeters as close to equal distance apart from your ears. its basically a ratio. Lets say they are up high like you have them now: Left tweeter is about 24 inchs away from your left ear, and the right tweeter is about 36 inches away. That will make your tweeter seperation ratio 3:4 (.75, you want a ratio of 1.0 if its possible). Now if they are down low, or even better in the kick panels, the left may be 36 and the right maybe be like 42. now that ratio would be 6:7 (.86). The latter would have a more equal db level. Your head unit may have time correction on it as well, BUT you can only correct the time on either the tweeter OR the midrange, depends on which one you measured. If you measure the distance to the tweeter, its gonna throw your midrange off, and vice versa. There is a lot more that I am missing out on due to the fact I have never built an IASCA sound quality system, but maybe somebody else on here can help me out w/ that I can pretty much gaurantee a lot better sounding system, not as harsh, and rediculously better stereo seperation if you drop them nice and low. Give it a try, experiment for yourself. I would leave them down low for about a week to see if you like em or not. At first your ears will need to adjust, but give it some time.

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by mpunklil View Post
    wow, somebody totally bullshitted you man. The real rule of thumb, is to have the tweeters as close to equal distance apart from your ears. its basically a ratio. Lets say they are up high like you have them now: Left tweeter is about 24 inchs away from your left ear, and the right tweeter is about 36 inches away. That will make your tweeter seperation ratio 3:4 (.75, you want a ratio of 1.0 if its possible). Now if they are down low, or even better in the kick panels, the left may be 36 and the right maybe be like 42. now that ratio would be 6:7 (.86). The latter would have a more equal db level. Your head unit may have time correction on it as well, BUT you can only correct the time on either the tweeter OR the midrange, depends on which one you measured. If you measure the distance to the tweeter, its gonna throw your midrange off, and vice versa. There is a lot more that I am missing out on due to the fact I have never built an IASCA sound quality system, but maybe somebody else on here can help me out w/ that I can pretty much gaurantee a lot better sounding system, not as harsh, and rediculously better stereo seperation if you drop them nice and low. Give it a try, experiment for yourself. I would leave them down low for about a week to see if you like em or not. At first your ears will need to adjust, but give it some time.
    Pretty much right on its going to get a better sound

Black
    2004 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Jetblak View Post
    Pretty much right on its going to get a better sound
    thanks for the assurance

midnight blue
    2001 camaro SS

does anyone know if you can mount a amp behind the back seat of a 2001 camaro ss there is a space there but i dont want to interfere with the gas tank? help

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

i have mine mounted on top of the tank. i used very small screws. enough so its secure. but small enough so it didnt hit anything. i got a pic on here under the thread title, "beginner system".

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Ls1Phillip View Post
    does anyone know if you can mount a amp behind the back seat of a 2001 camaro ss there is a space there but i dont want to interfere with the gas tank? help
    you can use small screws which i dont recommend. Instead you can make a board carpet it and drill two holes in it where the bolts/strap is on top of the gas tank and hold the board with that then bolt your amp to the board then you dont drill any holes in your car.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by mpunklil View Post
    Well I'll be darned...
    Well, thanks VERY much for the input, unfortunately it's done, and I do not want to spend any more time getting rid of the tweeter pods and re-wiring the tweeters to install it by cutting anything out of the door panel.

I appreciate the information though, just wish someone told me this earlier.
    Oh well.

And I certainly believe what you are saying is correct, but at this time as far as I'm concerned my "untrained" ear cannot tell if there is any serious time difference as the stereo is ridiculously loud and clean, I have no problems being able to separate the treble from the mid-bass, so I'm quite content with how it sounds right now.

My objective was not to have an award-winning stereo system, as I believe that there are TONS of f-body owners out there whos car audio would blow my setup away like a dirty dish rag, I just wanted superior sound quality because I love to play my music loud and clear, and I feel that I have accomplished that objective in a big way.

I do appreciate the feedback though, should I decide that I want to upgrade I will certainly move my tweeters right next to the 6.5 subs...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information