Black
    02 Z06

Clarification on speakers.

So I went and bought my friend some sail panel speakers for him. For his birthday and I wanted to install them before he got back from work. I've been out of the fbody circa for a few years now. I forgot what size the sail panels are. I bought 6-1/2" two-way refrence series speakers. Did I get him the right kind?

A quick simple answer would be great! hes going to be back soon. Thanks.

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

prob too late -- hopefully you tried a more popular forum....but 6.5 is fine -- 6.75 will also fit

why did you buy sail speakers for him? were the old ones blown?? they are initially subs if he has Monsoon syst......and will only reproduce lower bass freqs, and are not the best replacement.. If he has a Firebird or TA -- they are an even worse replacement. He doesn't drive his car to work?

---

Anyway assuming it's all over - how did things turn out? Hopefully he doesn't know how to install and would have wanted you to do it anyway -- because personally, I'd be pretty pissed if I had a friend touch my car. I'm sure you know your friend well enough that that isn't an issue tho.

Black
    02 Z06

ha, I've installed plenty of stereo units. I was just having a total brain fart. I went ahead and did it. He was really stoked about it and it sounds great. Hes actualy a room mate of mine and I know he wanted them because we were at best buy a few weeks earlier and he really liked the sound of him. I pretty much built up his car for him. This is his real nice car and hes not quite sure what hes doing. I installed his front door speakers for him also and on friday I will be installing his jethot headers , off road y-pipe , and 3" magnaflow catback.

I actualy installed the same sound system on my old 99 WS6 and I absolutely loved it.

Anyways, I know what you mean about people touching your car. He washed my Z06 for me once and I got pretty salty about it. My friends know that I know what I'm doing so theres no need for them to do anything on my car without my permission.

Thanks for the help though man.

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

oh alright - just wasn't sure if you knew the Monsoon setup/crossovers/channels/impedances/etc -- sounds like you got it all taken care of tho -- glad he's happy

how the hell does a 19 yr old end up with a Z06?

Black
    02 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by fredmr85 View Post
    oh alright - just wasn't sure if you knew the Monsoon setup/crossovers/channels/impedances/etc -- sounds like you got it all taken care of tho -- glad he's happy

how the hell does a 19 yr old end up with a Z06?
    skillz.

Kidding. Just making smart decisions. Not wasting all my money on useless things (not very many useless things). I've bought and sold a lot of cars for a decent profit and working 50-60 hours a week

Thread Information