Silver/Pewter
    2000 C5 Corvette 6psd

cassette stuck in C5 stereo deck

hey do you guys know of a relatively painless way to get a stuck cassette out of the deck of a 2000 C5 coupe? the cd changer and radio work ok so i put it off for a while but want to get this taken care of. thanks

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Why in the Hell would Chevy put a Casette player in a 2000 model CORVETTE.

Maybe they should have thrown in an 8 track as well. lol

I haven't played a casette since probably 1994 and they were a dying breed before that.

Did it come with a built in car phone too.

Not trying to bust your balls, just busting GM's Balls on that one.

Silver/Pewter
    2000 C5 Corvette 6psd

well it DOES have a 12 CD changer with bose speakers. They also make those things that go in your cassette deck where one side is a cassette connected to a wire that conects to anything with headphones. (can you say IPOD?) for some annoying reason though even in past when i tried that it would spit out the modified "cassette". Vettes arent the only cars that have decks in them either, z71 silveradros and other GMs have them too in addition to the cd players but I made the mistake of putting in a REALLY old cassette tape in this thing and now its stuck. Its no big deal as i didnt use it much anyway but dont like to have annoying little things wrong with my vette, even if it is the cassette deck from before 94. lol. Any ideas??

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by AntsSilverC5 View Post
    well it DOES have a 12 CD changer with bose speakers. They also make those things that go in your cassette deck where one side is a cassette connected to a wire that conects to anything with headphones. (can you say IPOD?) for some annoying reason though even in past when i tried that it would spit out the modified "cassette". Vettes arent the only cars that have decks in them either, z71 silveradros and other GMs have them too in addition to the cd players but I made the mistake of putting in a REALLY old cassette tape in this thing and now its stuck. Its no big deal as i didnt use it much anyway but dont like to have annoying little things wrong with my vette, even if it is the cassette deck from before 94. lol. Any ideas??
    I had a Nissan Sentra that had an auxillary input/ output right on the front for an IPOD or anything else that had Auxillary inputs -- I'm just saying, GM is notorious for el' cheapo stereo stuff, and behind the times with technology.

Is the Changer up front, or in the rear of the car?
    If it is an in-dash changer, I will stop busting GMs balls on that one, but if it is in the back, there balls go right back on the chopping blocks so to speak.

To answer your question, I have no clue how to get a tape out, I can't remember the last time I had a cassette tape stuck in a CASSETTE PLAYER. LOL. I think I was 12 years old. LMAO.

PS my Monsoon System sounds like ASS, and has a few blown speakers.

PPS-- Nice car though. I love the C5

Way to bring in the new Millennum GM -- Nothing says 2000 like a Casette player.. (does it have auto rewind. lol)

Maybe next they will install a VCR and black and white monitors in the head-rest. LMAO,, I crack myself up. Instead of PS3, they can put the Atari in the console.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

i wished mine had a cassette and 8 track to go along with my 12 disc cd player...when I wanted I could feel a little ole school lol

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by AntsSilverC5 View Post
    hey do you guys know of a relatively painless way to get a stuck cassette out of the deck of a 2000 C5 coupe? the cd changer and radio work ok so i put it off for a while but want to get this taken care of. thanks
    I always just used a pair of needle nose pliers and wiggled it a little at a time

Black
    1998 WS6

Try pressing down on the cassette with a flat screwdriver as you push the eject button.

Silver/Pewter
    2000 C5 Corvette 6psd

the little door in front of the cassette that closes when the cassett goes down is the problem. as of right now, the casssette is stuck up like its about to come out, but its behind the door

Silver/Pewter
    2000 C5 Corvette 6psd

im keeping the stock stereo system as its bose and at the very least SOUNDS awesome (esp for stock), plus since im only 23 and relatively on a budget, my mod money is probably better spent on things like intake manifold/headers etc (and insurance lol) than changing a bose stereo that has a 12 disc changer (even though the deck is not bose). yes having a cassette deck is annoying but hey, godforbid anyone decides to try to steal my stereo, they'll hopefully see the tape deck and run! my engines my stereo anyway most of the time lol. I hear they do make an ipod kit for the stock stereo though, anyone know where i could get one?

Black
    02 SS

If its the same HU as a camaro they are only 30$ or so on ebay.

Thread Information