Dreaming of an LS1 senior gomez's Avatar

Teal
    91 teg (stock,notmodding)

which car alarms to consider?

ok ive been searching for this for like 45 minutes on here and ls1tech.com and havent found much.

im going to be finaly getting an ls1 ram air around the end of may from a good friend, it already has alot of good starting bolt ons and im really going to be protective of this car and i know that if someone wants to steal it...blah blah blah.

anyways what do you guys know of that is really good and safe, ive heard of viper and cyclops. i kinda want something more than just an alarm, like ive seen those little things that go on your key ring w/ a screen of your car on it. and i think some can cut off the fuel pump and stuff but uh yeah. if yall can give me an idea cuz yall always do.

'preciate it!

Black Hardtop
    01 NHRA Formula

I have a python alarm with the perimitter sensor and back up battery pack (so if they disconnect battery it will still pages me). I was in a village inn eatting and my alarm paged me. I looked out the window and saw a pickup had backed up and bumped into my car. lucky no damage. Also had it go off when I was at work, I went out and saw my boss looking inside the window. but was cool that it paged me.

Red & Black w/T-tops
    00 Z28 Camaro

I am an installer for Best Buy and I have to say that even what we sell here is not the best. The Best is in my opinion, Compustar. They are by far superior to anything on the market. They are a little spendy, but well worth it. the 2way pro has a range of almost a mile and I have installed mine with backup battery and mini piezo sirens behind all my vents to scream inside the car at a whopping 185 db's so when they are trying to steal my DVD player, their ears bleed. I also have my windows hooked up to it so that they go up and down with the remote. There is an alarm clock on the remote as well as a temperature sensor for the inside of the vehicle and a voltage sensor too! This thing has a lot of extras and is awesome. Just started at this new job and I am super bummed that we don't carry Compustar like the shop that I came from. Hope this helps.
    -Aaron

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! michaelinchains's Avatar

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

the first purchase for my formy was a viper 5000.its alot like the one above,owner carries a 2 way lcd transmitter which not only notifies me w/ audio but shows on the lcd display what areas of my car were tampered with.from my transmitter i can even adjust the sensitivity..comes in handy on noisey streets.ive had vipers on all 3 of my previous ta`s & a hornet alarm on my truck,no problems yet.

last of the breed... urstolendesire's Avatar

Red
    2002 Transam

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme View Post
    I am an installer for Best Buy and I have to say that even what we sell here is not the best. The Best is in my opinion, Compustar. They are by far superior to anything on the market. They are a little spendy, but well worth it. the 2way pro has a range of almost a mile and I have installed mine with backup battery and mini piezo sirens behind all my vents to scream inside the car at a whopping 185 db's so when they are trying to steal my DVD player, their ears bleed. I also have my windows hooked up to it so that they go up and down with the remote. There is an alarm clock on the remote as well as a temperature sensor for the inside of the vehicle and a voltage sensor too! This thing has a lot of extras and is awesome. Just started at this new job and I am super bummed that we don't carry Compustar like the shop that I came from. Hope this helps.
    -Aaron
    Same here, used to work at BestBuy and all they sell is the viper. the viper alarms arent bad, in fact, i jus installed one on mine. the proximity sensor is very nice in case you have the tops down and you went into the store or somethin. its really a decent alarm for the price, go by ur local bestbuy and the price includes the basic installation. NOTE: If you have a 6 speed, do NOT put a remote start on it. I've heard all the stories of everyone going into trees and stuff like that but figured it'd never happen to me. well yesterday i started it up could have SWARN it was in neutral and it went right into the brick wall at work. now i gotta pay for the brick wall and to repaint my front bumper. Seriously, no matter how cool it seems. DONT!!!
    otherwise, like he said, compustar is a very nice brand but is pricey. and jus remember, if you install them yourself and your not authorized, you void any kind of warrenty!

Dreaming of an LS1 senior gomez's Avatar

Teal
    91 teg (stock,notmodding)

does compustar have one that shuts off the fuel pump?

Black Hardtop
    01 NHRA Formula

If you do a search on DEI they have information on many of the alarm systems out there. You can also do GPS tracking with some of them (python and viper I believe will).

Thread Information