Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

building my system on a budget

This is a discussion on building my system on a budget within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; well ya never know how it works til you try right?? especially at that price...

white
    1998 Trans Am

well ya never know how it works til you try right?? especially at that price

Quote Originally Posted by ls1ws6ben View Post
    well ya never know how it works til you try right?? especially at that price
    very true. i guess i will give it a try and see how it does. its got good reviews.

white
    1998 Trans Am

cool.. well let me know how it works..im still a few weeks away from picking my amp out.. still researching.. found some autotek amps that are getting good reviews and are priced great too

cool.. well let me know how it works..im still a few weeks away from picking my amp out.. still researching.. found some autotek amps that are getting good reviews and are priced great too
    will do man. i dont play to buy till probably mid this week or so. got any links to any those autotek that might work on the cvr?

found this that would be than enough power for your 10...even if you did add another, im sure it would still sound good.. kicker amps always put out more than what they are rated at.. and with the design of our car, you dont need a massive amount of power to subs anyway.. unless you are planning on going to competitions..

http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-10ZX400-1...item45f7eb7ef2
    made up my mind. buying this.
    found one for a little cheaper. 157 shipped.

thanks

Best replacement system for 1000 bux ?

Ideas ?, need HU and all 6 speakers replaced for the Z/28 to include keeping steering wheel controls..

Blacki
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Has anyone had any experience with Orion? Such as their new stuff like the HCCA subs, amps, and comp speakers? I have had a full Orion system in a 05 Sierra truck, changed all speakers, added some tweeters and two 10's with a 1000.1 for subs and a 400.4 for highs and mids and could be more pleased with that set up. But I am thinking about a Orion system for my 02 WS6 and just wanted to see if someone had something to say about them, will be going with full Orion HCCA system, any thoughts?

white
    1998 Trans Am

i havent had or even heard any of the new stuff.. the last time i heard anything orion was a buddy of mine a few years back back an orion red 50 amp on 2 kicker 15s.. that hit pretty good.. have you seen or heard the new memphis car audio line? thats what mids and highs i went with....damn good price and i love the sound. also just got the new autotek mean machine 2500.1 for my kicker cvr 12s.. that amp is a beast!! going to put a autotek amp on my mids too. my pioneer HU has a 50x4 amp built in but it only puts out 22.5 watts continious to the speakers.. so an amp that puts 50 rms to them will drastically improve the sound of the speakers.. where are you at in louisiana? if you are close to alexandria, i can get you a great deal on memphis for your car..

Blacki
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

No I haven't seen the new memphis car audio line yet I'll go take a look at them when I get home later on, actually I really haven't been impress with Memphis, in the past when I had my Orion system and then my punch system there was no one that could come close to the quality of sound and bass that came out of my truck, I am not trying to put Memphis down but just wasn't imprest from what I heard from their systems, I live in breaux bridge Louisiana if you don't know where it is it's by Lafayette off of I-10 alexanderia isn't that far away, can you post up some pics of you subds and amps in you car?

white
    1998 Trans Am

I know where that is. I have some friends that have a band that lives down that way. Five star fiasco.

Blacki
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Never heard of them sorry, do you have any pics of your sub and amps install? I am not sure if I want just one 10 in the cutout on driver side or if I want two 10's or two 12's

white
    1998 Trans Am

Yeah I'm going to put pics up when I get home. The subs are kicker cvr 12s. The box is a temporary box til I can get the one I want. Just didn't have $300 to put on a box right now. And I am ordering a mid amp this weekend so I still have to build an amp rack and clean up the wires. That's my project for the next 2 weekends. Bit the Memphis mids sound great. I was impressed. I got the subs for $159 on eBay. They go for about $400 at any shop. You can get 1 10 in a box that goes in the cubby hole and they so sound good. Or get a box from subthump that a hole cut to fit the t tops in. That's about $300 bucks. I found one on amazon for 65 without the hole. When I get the money I will get the subthump box. I wanted to build a system and see how much I could save doing alot of research and installing myself. So far with online shopping and self install, I've saved about $1500. I think I'm doing pretty damn good.

white
    1998 Trans Am

now all of this is was just put in.. waiting on my mid amp and im going to build an amp rack and tighten up the wiring

cant really see in this pic but it lights up a nice blue

just took both back panels out and put some dynomat sound deadner on.. getting ready to put some 6x9s in

nice blue lights on the mean machine amp

white
    1998 Trans Am

yeah i know the subs arent turned to match, but i had the wiring wrong and took them out real fast to redo it.. they have since been turned

Blacki
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Thatís a nice setup you have there, I always like kicker subs not too much there amps because they are way overpriced, so once you get the money will you buy the subthump box with the T top holders, when you have the money will you go double din or stay single? I think I will try and go double myself I always like the pioneer AVIC Z series, yes you did real good doing to the install yourself canít wait to see the finish setup with the subthump box, are the 6x9 direct fit or did you have to cut looks like you had to cut a little bit, does the mean machine amp push the subs good?

white
    1998 Trans Am

The mean machine does awesome on the subs. But I ordered 4 ohm subs instead of 2 ohm so that amp at a 4 ohm set up on pushes 625 watts. About 312 watts to each sub. At the 2 ohm set up it pushes 1250 watts, and at 1 ohm it does 2500. It's a beast. I just put the damper mat on the panels, haven't put the 6x9s in yet. Waiting on them to get here. Ordered my mid amp just now too. Can't wait for both to come in so I can build my amp rack and get it all nice and neat and tucked away. I'm staying single din in the radio. I'm ordering a custom bevel I guess that's what it's called. When I get home tonight I will post a pic of it. You can do custom engraving and have it light up. Blue LED for me to match everything else. After this is all done maybe I can order my 30th anniversary stripe kit and work on brakes, rims and tires. Never ending game. Lol.

Blacki
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

You said you have 4 ohm subs you sure you can't get it to a 2 ohm load on the amp, I will check for you when I get home later on, because if I recall and I could be wrong when I had my 15's, I had 4 ohm subs wired either with a 1 or 2 ohm load, I'll get back to you on that. Where you get this custom bevel and do you know if they make it in a double din? Because if you can have it light up with something that would be sweet. What kind of mids amp you gonna get or did get?

Blacki
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Ok I checked and what you have is the best you can do I am sorry, you can only get a 4 ohm load with 2 4ohm dual voice coil subs, but something you could do when the budget allows would be to add another mean machine amp then you could get a 2 ohm load, then you would have to compensate on your amp rack for three amps and I would strongly suggest putting a cap on your system when you reach 1500 watts pushing to subs and speakers so you don't drain you battery and your lights dim when the bass hits

white
    1998 Trans Am

I have the name of that place for the custom bevel on my computer at home. When I get there I will post it up got you. Not sure if he makes one for the double din that lights up. I got another autotek amp for the mids. It's 1 series under the mean machine and it's still a 95O watt amp. Kinda big for what I am running but I can make it work. I plan on getting a cap here in a few weeks. But for now my lights do not dim but I'm still getting one

Black
    2002 Mustang Gt

nice

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information