Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

white
    1998 Trans Am

building my system on a budget

so been kinda strapped for money lately.. catching up on bill and such.. so im building my stereo system on a budget so to speak.. ive posted pics of my new pioneer DEH8300 headunit that i got for a steal at $209, memphis car audio PR series 6 1/2s in the rear and M series up front.. all that ran me $500.. i done the install myself and saved $300.. now.. i ordered this box last night on amazon.com and shipping included was $75.89! compared to having 1 built for $350. now i wont have the slots cut for the t-tops to sit, but right now im on a budget, so it will do til later

also going to order these next weekend.. kicker cvr 12 inch subs for $159 a pair.. as compared to $250 each at the local audio shop...

looking at getting this to power the subs.. found it for $160 brand new as compared to $500 at a local shop.. now thats what i call bargain shopping!! again, i will do all installing.. saving yet another $250 bucks..

white
    1998 Trans Am

the amp is a 500.1 by the way

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

those subs have done well behind a seat of a truck from my experience....im sure they will do just fine in the box you have....are those 2 or 4ohm? i do pretty much all my sound shopping online, it gives you time and resources to do your research to best match your equipment, not to mention the prices are way better than retail stores...let us know how it goes.

white
    1998 Trans Am

yeah i do alot of online shopping too.. some people are against it, but when buying from ebay i always buy from someone with a 98 or above rating and have never had a problem.. the mids i got sound great on the head unit.. the only thing i kinda worry about is when i put the subs in is the bass drowning out the mids as they arent on an amp.. but i found a matching kicker 200 watt amp for $120 so its no problem if it does.. the subs are dual voice coil 4 ohm. with that amp and box and with the design of the car, im sure it will sound great.. i had a similar set up in my 98 z28.. same box but audiobahn 12s and it sounded great.. i have always liked kicker brand subs and amps so i decided to try them in my TA..

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

I love kicker subs. LS7's are the best subs I have ever owned!

Sounds like you have a good setup working, glad your able to save a few bucks as well without going sony explode, lol.

white
    1998 Trans Am

lol.. i dont care how broke i was, nothing sony will ever go in any car i own.. if im going to put a stereo together, its going to be good quality stuff.. i dont care if i have to put it on layaway for 6 months

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    I love kicker subs. LS7's are the best subs I have ever owned!

Sounds like you have a good setup working, glad your able to save a few bucks as well without going sony explode, lol.
    you mean L7's

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by ls1ws6ben View Post
    lol.. i dont care how broke i was, nothing sony will ever go in any car i own.. if im going to put a stereo together, its going to be good quality stuff.. i dont care if i have to put it on layaway for 6 months
    the old sony mobile es stuff was good...but that explode shit aint worth a shit....

i will never own a hu that isnt pioneer.....great functionality for a great price...

white
    1998 Trans Am

amen on the pioneer head unit! definately the best

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by jiveass View Post
    you mean L7's
    LOL, yes, nice catch.

But an LS7 would be nice in a different application.

nice i love those cvr's.

i currently have one cvr 10" on my camaro. but im looking for a new amp to better power it. the one i have now sux.

what are your guys though's on Power Acoustic amps? i found a 1500 and a 2000watt for 100-110.

i might even get another 10" cvr to run dual. oh yea the one i have is a 2ohm

white
    1998 Trans Am

well it may just be me, but i like to keep things matching on audio stuff.. always been kinda of a pet peeve of mine i guess.. but you can find a good kicker amp on ebay for your 10 for around 150 bucks if not cheaper.. i know alot of people stay away from ebay buying some things, but do like i do.. buy from a seller with a 98 rating or above...never had a problem.. let me check on ebay right quick and see what i can find.. will post results

well it may just be me, but i like to keep things matching on audio stuff.. always been kinda of a pet peeve of mine i guess.. but you can find a good kicker amp on ebay for your 10 for around 150 bucks if not cheaper.. i know alot of people stay away from ebay buying some things, but do like i do.. buy from a seller with a 98 rating or above...never had a problem.. let me check on ebay right quick and see what i can find.. will post results
    yea i buy about 99% of the stuff online. ebay or amazon prime ftw.

the 500.1 should be good since i can always push two cvr's incase i decide to get another one.

i was also looking at the hifonics amp's. i heard nothing but good things on those. but let me check out that kicker amp on ebay.

thanks

white
    1998 Trans Am

found this that would be than enough power for your 10...even if you did add another, im sure it would still sound good.. kicker amps always put out more than what they are rated at.. and with the design of our car, you dont need a massive amount of power to subs anyway.. unless you are planning on going to competitions..

http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-10ZX400-1...item45f7eb7ef2

white
    1998 Trans Am

or something alittle bigger if you want... and this price for a 700 watt kicker amp is a hell of a deal.. walk into your local audio shop and try to buy this.. you would pay probably 500-600 bucks..

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2010-KICKER-...item35b0404cb8

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyd View Post
    nice i love those cvr's.

i currently have one cvr 10" on my camaro. but im looking for a new amp to better power it. the one i have now sux.

what are your guys though's on Power Acoustic amps? i found a 1500 and a 2000watt for 100-110.

i might even get another 10" cvr to run dual. oh yea the one i have is a 2ohm
    power acoustik isnt top of the line by any means, but its not a bad amp for the price...depending on which one you get....i do wanna try out the mofo subs by power acoustik....and yes they really are called "mofo"

white
    1998 Trans Am

a guy i work with has 2 of their 12s in his grand pix with the power acoustics amp. it doesnt sound bad by any means.. but he is thinking of switching to memphis subs

just like anything else on here, you can take opinions but in the end, its what you like and want to go with... but all input is always welcome

white
    1998 Trans Am

if these BAMF amps are any good and the watt output is true, this is a hell of a deal!

http://cgi.ebay.com/POWER-ACOUSTIK-B...item5add40e029

found this that would be than enough power for your 10...even if you did add another, im sure it would still sound good.. kicker amps always put out more than what they are rated at.. and with the design of our car, you dont need a massive amount of power to subs anyway.. unless you are planning on going to competitions..

http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-10ZX400-1...item45f7eb7ef2
    nice man. i might get this one. the 5ch one i already have an old a/d/s 5ch amp.

right now just wanting a good mono amp to push the cvr and this one looks good.

this is the one i was looking at [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Power-Acoustik-CPT1-2000-Selectable-Terminals/dp/B003CYL7KI/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3HAR8E0UFFLET&colid =YDRA6JZRGSC9[/ame]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information