Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

Both power window motors at once?

Ive had the common slow passenger side power window motor for some time now...sometimes it will make it al the way up with out stopping. and sometimes itll stop halfway up for a while then continue the rest of the way....well recently my drivers side power window is acting up. it is still the normal speed up and down, but sometimes if i push down itl go maybe halfway down and stop. others itll go all the way except for an inch or 2 and stop. but when it stops i can hear what sounds like a relay kicking out under the dash...going up is the same way. may go an inch before the relay sound kicks, or itl go all they way except for an inch before itll stop...is it seriously both of my window motors are shot at the same time? or is it just a coincidence??? any help/input would be very helpful thanks

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

so both window motors suffer from the low voltage issue? when the drivers side just recently started doing it?

RED
    2001 CAMARO ss

window motor are no good in our cars you have to replcae them . the low voltage issue is when you try to get both window up at the same time both motors are drawing power from the same line .

i fix that by runinng a wire with fuse on it from battery to the control swicthes and seperated the jumper at the switch .

i think a sponsor here sales a kit for that .

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS-6 M6

Hmmm im going to have to get this. what sponsor the one y2k linked?

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

i thought all TAs came with slow windows from the factory

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ28 View Post
    Ive had the common slow passenger side power window motor for some time now...sometimes it will make it al the way up with out stopping. and sometimes itll stop halfway up for a while then continue the rest of the way....well recently my drivers side power window is acting up. it is still the normal speed up and down, but sometimes if i push down itl go maybe halfway down and stop. others itll go all the way except for an inch or 2 and stop. but when it stops i can hear what sounds like a relay kicking out under the dash...going up is the same way. may go an inch before the relay sound kicks, or itl go all they way except for an inch before itll stop...is it seriously both of my window motors are shot at the same time? or is it just a coincidence??? any help/input would be very helpful thanks
    Not so much a coincidence, but so much as piss poor design. I've seen the same small motor on other GM's used to power a window half the size of ours. It's always a matter of time with them.

I would suggest you use the link above for the low voltage fix, and also replace the motors. I got mine from advanced and it came with a lifetime warranty, in which I have had to use 3 times now. People who fork up the extra cash for an OEM motor, get more life out of them, but pay twice as much. I would simply try and get something that isn't remanfactured.

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

i just put the autotrix passenger side kit on my 01 and its awesome and cheap 30.00 bucks.they sell a full kit with motors and everything else for around 225.00.good quality stuff.
    Last edited by WS6S; 01-09-2010 at 06:03 PM. Reason: just cause

Thread Information