Thread: Bose System

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

Bose System

Anyone here know where I could get a stock Bose system for my 2000 camaro SS? I can still remember the Bose stereo system I had with my 1995 Z-28 best sound I've ever heard in a car stereo. Shame it was not an option after 1995....these monsoon systems suck. I want to keep the steering wheel controls though.

Any ideas on how I could improve the quality of sound (depth) like a bose system would produce?

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

You should consider going with a set of components up front and in the sails and then a good set of 4inchers for the rear back hatch and a stelth 10inch sub. Now that you have that use a mono amp for the sub and match the stelth box size and sub correctly and then power it correctly. Also match the amp power size to the components and mount them either in the spare tire well or on an amp rack that goes in the hatch area and still allows for T tops to be stored. The after market amps and speakers will allow you to really crank it and ballance out the sound at high levels. The most important thing when doing a system is to get speakers that match in power levels and run them all through one amp, and put the sub on a seperate mono. Once you ballance everything you will think that bose system sounds like shit.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by jjsdietfitness View Post
    Anyone here know where I could get a stock Bose system for my 2000 camaro SS? I can still remember the Bose stereo system I had with my 1995 Z-28 best sound I've ever heard in a car stereo. Shame it was not an option after 1995....these monsoon systems suck. I want to keep the steering wheel controls though.

Any ideas on how I could improve the quality of sound (depth) like a bose system would produce?
    You can go after market. As stated above components up front,sail and a good 10 inch sub will work great. And you can still use the steering wheels controls with aftermarkets. Most make a kit that lets you keep the controls.

Thread Information