Junior Member black transam1218's Avatar

black
    1998 trans am

body control module

hi all.
    i need serious help with this. ive been having problems with my stereo cutting out and with that the power windows go also. at times i can hit the dash and radio will come back on or a bump in road solves it. i was told that my body control module is goin bad. is this true ? does that sound right? where is the sucker even located at?

any and all help is much appreciated.
    thankyou.

98' trans am

navy blue metallic
    2000 trans am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by black transam1218 View Post
    hi all.
    i need serious help with this. ive been having problems with my stereo cutting out and with that the power windows go also. at times i can hit the dash and radio will come back on or a bump in road solves it. i was told that my body control module is goin bad. is this true ? does that sound right? where is the sucker even located at?

any and all help is much appreciated.
    thankyou.

98' trans am
    my sisters 03 cavialer does taht shit i have to slap the dash to get the radio on or on a hot day it wont work and sometimes its fine idk i was thinking its a loose connection, never had this problem in my trans am tho as for your power windows the motor in the door counld be dieing out my drivers window rolls up slow sometimes kinda annoying

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

There were some posts not too long ago about something similar -- apparently the solder joints in the BCM can fail and lead to all sorts of odd electrical issues. The fix is to remove and open up the BCM and simply re-solder the affected connections. If you do a search and you will probably find detailed instructions.

Red
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

Everyone here is spot on. I had the same problem with my 2000 WS6 Trans Am for a few years. It started out where it would only happen once in a while. It started to happen more and more frequently as time went by. I just got it fixed a few weeks ago. I couldn't find anyone near me that I could trust to resolder it and I lack the mechanical ability to do so myself, so I just took it to the dealer and they replaced it. It was $295 for the BCM and the total came to just under $400 with labor. If I'm not mistaken, the BCM is located behind the passenger side kick panel. I know from experience what an annoying problem to have, I feel your pain!

Thread Information