blinker issue

This is a discussion on blinker issue within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; so i was driving along and tryed to use my right blinker and i noticed it would come on but ...

artic white
    2000 SS LS1

blinker issue

so i was driving along and tryed to use my right blinker and i noticed it would come on but wouldn't blink. So i went to auto zone and turned all my lights on and checked all my lights, sure enough, the front right blinker was out. So i got a replacment bult and replaced it(the old bulb was blackish). Then i tested the right blinker and it still will not blink... The new bulb does light up but just doesn't blink. All my other lights are working, what am i missing here? I thought all i needed was to replace the bulb that was burned out and everything would be fine but now i duno what to do. Any help is appreciated. thx

Commerce Ga

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Check to see if there is a ground wire loose. That would make it do that. I can't remember if there is a ground wire on them or not.

Arrow Re: blinker issue

Also check to make sure you got the right replacement bulb. The front light is a blinker and a running light so it needs two filiments. Check the bulb socket as well. Besides my TA I have a GMC Yukon. The blinker bulb in the rear tail light was not working even with a new bulb. I discovered it was the socket that was bad. I had to order a new socket plate and that solved the problem.

Thread Information