Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2000 Trans Am

Best in dash DVD Player........

I want to swap out the stock head unit in my 2000 trans am for a in dash dvd player..........any suggestions on what will work without any modifications, excepd the install kit etc etc etc.........

2000 Trans Am

I am looking for a dvd player that has the headunit already in the brain, in other words not one that I will have to install the brain somewhere else. Noone has any suggestions for this?
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

black
    98 trans am

I have a jvc arsenal, the screen is a little small to watch dvd's but its still pretty cool! Here are some pics!

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Im using the Pioneer AVH-4900DVD
    Great product 6.5" screen, lots of features and great price

http://www.mercadolibre.com.ve/jm/im...1_9283.jpg&v=O

plus when its closed in my car nobody even knows its a dvd player (good for theft reasons)
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    Im using the Pioneer AVH-4900DVD
    Great product 6.5" screen, lots of features and great price

http://www.mercadolibre.com.ve/jm/im...1_9283.jpg&v=O

plus when its closed in my car nobody even knows its a dvd player (good for theft reasons)
    Can you watch it while driving, and also did the whole head unit fit into the dash without modification? Is there another brain that needed to be installed elsewhere or was it all included in the headunit? Thanks for all of the help~Chris

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    Can you watch it while driving, and also did the whole head unit fit into the dash without modification? Is there another brain that needed to be installed elsewhere or was it all included in the headunit? Thanks for all of the help~Chris
    ya i can watch dvd's while i drive, my buddy installed a small toggle switch in the ask tray, it hooks up to the parking brake option on the dvd player

2000 Trans Am

ya i can watch dvd's while i drive, my buddy installed a small toggle switch in the ask tray, it hooks up to the parking brake option on the dvd player
    Is it all in the head unit or did you have to install something else where in the car!!!

2000 Trans Am

I like the one on ebay does that fit directly where the old cd player was? and what about the connections on the back, would i have to get a coverted wiring harness? Have you ever seen one of these installed in a TA?

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Is it all in the head unit or did you have to install something else where in the car!!!
    its all in the head unit, theres wiring that comes with it your supposed to hook up to the parking brake so you can watch dvd's but we hooked it up to a toggles switch so we could watch dvd while driving

2000 Trans Am

its all in the head unit, theres wiring that comes with it your supposed to hook up to the parking brake so you can watch dvd's but we hooked it up to a toggles switch so we could watch dvd while driving
    Where did you buy yours from?

blue
    2002 ws6

just so you guys know and im not telling you to do this (actually i am but for leagal reasons im not) for most of the dvd and or gps head units that requirer you to connect a wire to your parking break all you have to do is ground that wire i have done it many times... basically that is what happens when you pull your e-brake. also for some reason (now this is funny) in the jvc installation manual they actually tell you about this, but now for some reason pioneers require a little more than just grounding the wire but its almost diff. for each model so you have to research it but its still not hard at all

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Where did you buy yours from?
    I bought mine from crutchfield

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    Black 2002 Trans Am WS6

I want one too. I want an all in one unit.
    Black 02 Trans Am WS6 M6 SLP Lid, Bassani Stainless Headers & Y-Pipe w/o Cats, Borla Exhaust, BMR-STB, LCAs & Reloc. Brackets, Panhard Bar, & SFCs, Eibach Pro-kit With Bilsteins, BF Goodrich G Force KDWs, Optima Yellow Top, 5% Tint, Blackouts, Clear Side Lights, H-7 Headlights much more to come!

Junior Member MUSTANGRIDAH4LIFE's Avatar

Bright Tangerine
    1999 MUSTANG GT

Not sure how easy it is to put in a double din, but heres mine its an avh-p6800dvd in dash 6 cd/dvd changer .

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass.....and im all out of bubble gum.

blue
    2002 ws6

nice double din head unit ... but when did they start putting a ls1 in mustangs.....

silver
    98 ss camaro

how do I get a double din in my 98 ss I found a great deal at cc friends a manager plus there having a no tax sale weekend but they're not sure if it'll fit need some help asap plz.

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

because its not a sponser, go to sonicelectronix.com and search XOD1840BTNAVI

im getting that around christmas when i get back from college. Its not that well known of a brand, and only walmart seems to carry it locally. But on carputer forums there have been a few guys that were saying the screen picture was good and it had lasted perfectly over a few years (thats just a plain ol touchscreen though). Also, i have seen good reviews on other models. Only thing is the cd noise ratio is bad but it has another sd reader for music and even with a good headunit the sd card will sound better than the cd no matter what the format.

just something to consider. its definitely not the "best" but it has the most features (esp gps) for the money.

navy blue metallic
    2001 trans am

I got the Alpine Iva D106 and its been great, it handels hands-free,DVD,Bluetooth,Ipod and with a couple adapters got the steering wheel buttons hooked up as well. A+ for this all the way
    Last edited by sic2001; 12-07-2008 at 08:09 PM.

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by munecorey` View Post
    I have a jvc arsenal, the screen is a little small to watch dvd's but its still pretty cool! Here are some pics!

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Did you have to modify the humount? I have been looking at the JVC's.
    2002 Artic White SS 35th Wheels|Full Hotchkis Suspension|Koni SA|Magnaflow CME|SLP lid|www.fquick.com/The_Guz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information