QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Best Alarm/Anti Theft Idea??

Looking for a proven alarm or anti-theft device/idea for my 01 SS.

NBM
    2000 Trans Am

12 gauge

Purple 95 Camaro
    Arctic White 02 T/A WS6

Guard dog

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Move! LMAO

I'd say a Clifford 70.5x. Clifford, DEI, Viper, Python are all the same, so it doesn't matter which, but the numbers change and not all of them have all of the available alarms DEI offers. I'm about to get one for my car. You NEED one around here. Hell, I could steal a F-Body in 2 minutes...Their WAY to easy to steal.

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by noxside View Post
    Guard dog
    6 month old Rott thats already 60 pounds and a Glock 40. that goes outside with me when he barks. But Id like something for the car too!!

I have one of several way that I use on every car I have. I do this on the older cars.
    Probably shouldn't divulge this but if it helps the honest people out there,,,,here goes.

I hide a 12 volt keyed switch in the car that cuts the ignition, fuel pump, clutch pedal safety switch etc....sometimes more than one on a car depending. You can get in and crank all day long and it won't start.

I haven't done this on either of our 4th gens though,,,as the wiring is more complex and I haven't taken the time to figure it out, but it's easy to do on the older stuff.

Another quick an easy way for a 4th gen would be to pull the fuel pump fuse and/or relay,,,takes a few seconds to do,,,but would take much longer for a crook to figure out,,,and they don't like to hang around long to figure out why. It would simply crank but no start.

Of course none of this helps if they are simply going to hook the car and tow it away,,,but I don't think there is any stop for that,,,lol. Just have to keep an eye on your stuff and don't park anywhere out of sight.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

I see alot of ricers with boots on the rims I use the auto lock pro its made of hardened steel and it locks the clutch or brake pedal it has stoped theives twice already

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

But then they followed me home and tryed to get in my garage

red
    2002 z/28

I,ve got the clifford 50.5 matrix and love it.It's supposed to have a 1 mile range but the farthest I've been able to transmit is about 1\2 mile.I keep the pager by my bed at night next to my S&W .40 cal.One night it woke me up twice the next morning 6 other cars had been broken into but not mine.

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I have one of several way that I use on every car I have. I do this on the older cars.
    Probably shouldn't divulge this but if it helps the honest people out there,,,,here goes.

I hide a 12 volt keyed switch in the car that cuts the ignition, fuel pump, clutch pedal safety switch etc....sometimes more than one on a car depending. You can get in and crank all day long and it won't start.

I haven't done this on either of our 4th gens though,,,as the wiring is more complex and I haven't taken the time to figure it out, but it's easy to do on the older stuff.

Another quick an easy way for a 4th gen would be to pull the fuel pump fuse and/or relay,,,takes a few seconds to do,,,but would take much longer for a crook to figure out,,,and they don't like to hang around long to figure out why. It would simply crank but no start.

Of course none of this helps if they are simply going to hook the car and tow it away,,,but I don't think there is any stop for that,,,lol. Just have to keep an eye on your stuff and don't park anywhere out of sight.
    Good idea on that relay also, havent thought of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    I see alot of ricers with boots on the rims I use the auto lock pro its made of hardened steel and it locks the clutch or brake pedal it has stoped theives twice already
    Where can I get this lock? I usually park close to any entrance I go in (store/mall/etc) so that my car is close to others and can be seen better.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroFan71 View Post

Where can I get this lock? I usually park close to any entrance I go in (store/mall/etc) so that my car is close to others and can be seen better.
    http://www.autobarn.net/autolockpro.html

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by crazy dave ls1 View Post
    I,ve got the clifford 50.5 matrix and love it.It's supposed to have a 1 mile range but the farthest I've been able to transmit is about 1\2 mile.I keep the pager by my bed at night next to my S&W .40 cal.One night it woke me up twice the next morning 6 other cars had been broken into but not mine.
    Where can I get this alarm?

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    Thanks Homie.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Where can I get this alarm?

Thanks Homie.
    No problem man...

I'd get the 70.5x, like I said above. Its one step up from the 50.5x and is only a little more. Ebay is your best bet to get it cheap, but I've been told an alarm is a bitch to install, so you might wanna have it installed at someplace like Innovative Audio. My friends got the hookup over there so I might be able to help ya out a little if ya want.

Now thats something I can't bring myself to do. I never park close to others, in fact I prefer to park far away to avoid door dents and such,,,always seems to be some idiot that cares nothing about other peoples property.
    That doesn't mean that I don't park the car where I can't see it though,,,I always ask for a window seat in restaurants and such, and pretty much know ahead of time where I'll be going before I leave the house.
    If there is a questionable parking lot somewhere on the trip,,then the nice cars stay home and the beater comes out My cars rarely ever leave my line of sight. Thats really the best theft protection there is in my opinion. It's nerve racking and a pain sometimes but in this day and age you can't be too carefull.

Glad the relay trick helped you out.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Now thats something I can't bring myself to do. I never park close to others, in fact I prefer to park far away to avoid door dents and such,,,always seems to be some idiot that cares nothing about other peoples property.
    That doesn't mean that I don't park the car where I can't see it though,,,I always ask for a window seat in restaurants and such, and pretty much know ahead of time where I'll be going before I leave the house.
    If there is a questionable parking lot somewhere on the trip,,then the nice cars stay home and the beater comes out My cars rarely ever leave my line of sight. Thats really the best theft protection there is in my opinion. It's nerve racking and a pain sometimes but in this day and age you can't be too carefull.

Glad the relay trick helped you out.
    Eh, I'd rather park close to the front with other cars than at the back of a parking lot, simply so more people will see it and the thief won't be as tempted. Way to avoid door dings is to go next to a curb or something that way they can only get one side.

Eh, I'd rather park close to the front with other cars than at the back of a parking lot, simply so more people will see it and the thief won't be as tempted. Way to avoid door dings is to go next to a curb or something that way they can only get one side.
    We don't mind a little walking.
    I can't afford to only protect one side though. Doesn't matter how far you move over,,,the next car will take that added room and park on the line or over the line towards you.
    Thats why I'd rather stay away from that shit. I don't have a problem with theft parking out away from people. As I said,,,I don't park where I can't see it, and if I am not satisfied, I sit in the car while my wife goes in,,,or,,,,I just don't take the cars over to said place. Lastly, I still use anti theft devices mentioned above, many kill switches and other things I can think of to deter a theaf or at least slow them down long enough to get caught.
    Just not worth it to me to drive the car if I have to worry about it while it's parked. Thats what the beater is for,,,save the nice stuff for cruising.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 10-31-2008 at 09:59 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

We don't mind a little walking.
    I can't afford to only protect one side though. Doesn't matter how far you move over,,,the next car will take that added room and park on the line or over the line towards you.
    Thats why I'd rather stay away from that shit. I don't have a problem with theft parking out away from people. As I said,,,I don't park where I can't see it, and if I am not satisfied, I sit in the car while my wife goes in,,,or,,,,I just don't take the cars over to said place. Lastly, I still use anti theft devices mentioned above, many kill switches and other things I can think of to deter a theaf or at least slow them down long enough to get caught.
    Just not worth it to me to drive the car if I have to worry about it while it's parked. Thats what the beater is for,,,save the nice stuff for cruising.
    Yea, I'm just saying on something like a daily driver, where you can't always keep an eye on it, I'd rather park up front than out back. I'd rather a ding than no car at all.

Yea, I'm just saying on something like a daily driver, where you can't always keep an eye on it, I'd rather park up front than out back. I'd rather a ding than no car at all.
    My daily driver ain't worth worrying about,,,hardly anyone can even tell me what it is let alone want to steel it

Thats whats great about a beater,,,my nice cars will stay that way for years to come.

Thread Information