Battery relocation, anyone done this?

This is a discussion on Battery relocation, anyone done this? within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; This is relation to my third gen LT1 car but is the same for the 4th gen as well. I ...

Knoxvegas, Vol country Tennessee

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Battery relocation, anyone done this?

This is relation to my third gen LT1 car but is the same for the 4th gen as well. I originally was just going to move the battery from the factory location on the passenger side to the drivers side so I had a neat, roomy spot to mount the LT1 computer. After doing some measurements I decided the drivers side wasn't going to work either as it would be in the way of my CAI set-up. I went ahead and got a battery box from work, same thing as the one from Summit but mine was free, went to Advance and had 18" ft of #1 gage battery cable cut, ( It's the clear kind with the copper wire, looks neat ), got my hardware and negative cable from work too so they were free , made my measurements and started putting all this together. The box is made of black plastic and is made for the Optima batteries, which I have a brand new red top, and has all the hardware to mount it to the car. I was going to install a power cut-off switch as a extra precation to prevent theft but thought cutting power to the computer might mess something up, I'm not sure if it would or not though. This works great for me because my 87 camaro has a locking stowage compartment in the rear which hides the battery, cables, nitrous bottle and hardware. I'm still able to put the t-tops in the bags and get to everything, it's working out great. Anyone got any pics of their set-up if this has been done? I'll get some pics up as I go along by Friday.

02 firebird

somewhere in the forum under v6 i think i saw pics of it but dont remember specifically

Texas Department of Corrections
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I relocated my battery to the trunk passenger side.
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

Melbourne, FL
    I'll see if I can get some of it today.

Thread Information