Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Back Rear Speaker Help

This is a discussion on Back Rear Speaker Help within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; Build your own! That's what I'm going to do. Sure, you're limited to a 10" sub but if you get ...

Black
    2000 Z28

Build your own! That's what I'm going to do. Sure, you're limited to a 10" sub but if you get a really powerfull one, you don't have to worry about compromising bass. And you'll get all your space back for your t-tops. Besides, most 10" subs don't need anything bigger than a 1 cubic foot of space to produce their maximum bass so that space back there is perfect for that.

back 'n better than ever Kjz99z28's Avatar

White/Black
    1999 Z28

A friend of mine has a square 10" sub in that spot in the trunk with a sub box that he ordered from subthump. It's louder than my 12's. Probably cause I have a not so great box and smaller amp.. but whatever. Point is, his sounds amazing

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

i dunno i think i may, so i am pretty much limited to one 10? if i do that unless i wanna remove my spare tire?

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

i just looked at them! those are freaking bad ass! oh man, and the amp rack is cool to i dont think i will need one cause i only have one amp! i dunnno ill see, but yeagh that looks like the way to go, one on each side,

so they hit good, really? i would think the full back style would do better!

back 'n better than ever Kjz99z28's Avatar

White/Black
    1999 Z28

I think it helps quite a bit that he's got a pretty large amp, but yeah it hits really hard

Black
    2000 Z28

Guys,
    Just because we're limited to 1 10" doesn't mean the end of the world. You have to buy smart, educate yourself on speakers, power, rms, etc, etc. You'll see that depending on the sub, there is a minimum and an optimum cubic space that the sub can use. Wrong combination = poor bass, perfect combination = outstanding bass. With that said, you must also have an amp that can push that sub to it's limit. For instance, later this year, I'll be installing a Memphis Audio sub that has an RMS of 400 watts with a max of double that; I'll be using an amp that puts out 600 watts RMS (right in the middle) so you see, its overpowering the sub at it's RMS but has enough power to hit the sub's max...and then some! So basically, you can be cruising down the street and some poser pulls up with 2 12s or 15s sounding like garbage and there you are with 1 10"...rattling every nut and bolt in his POS poser car.
    Enjoy!
    Camaro Z28/SS...40+ years of mustang humiliation.
    View my garage: http://www.fquick.com/Y2KBlackZ28

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

I have a Dual (cheap ass best buy brand) 10, a small hatchback box and a 200w pioneer amp. In combination with the rest of the monsoon system, it sounds really good....

i had a 12 in my old v6 and a big ass amp and it would rattle everything... but i think i like this better (quality > quantity)

and the best part is that the box is the perfect size to sit ontop of the ttop rack... if i want to take them off, i just pick it up and put it under the glass so i still have bass!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information