I'm (Hurst) Equipped... davebowtie's Avatar

Onyx Black
    '02 Camaro SS(replica) M6

Auto Trix window fix?

Hey every one,
    A month or so ago I bought the Auto Trix pass. window fix kit.
    I've been messing with it the past couple hours... double checked, triple checked all my connections in comparison to their instructions/schematic from off their site, and dont understand my problem. I was hoping someone on the board has successfully installed this kit THEMSELVES and lived to tell the tale...
    C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Desktop\sig01.jpg

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

No idea what that is....but there are ways to speed it up without that..and based on what it says on their site I found, it is for improving window motors/preventative maintenance...not fixing them.....fixing them would, well....require a new motor. Your motors may be dead also/beyond "improving".....I would just hit AutoZone and see what they have to offer, some may come with a lifetime warranty.
    Last edited by fredmr85; 03-21-2007 at 09:04 PM.

Onyx Black

To b more specific... my pass. window works fine 90% of the time, the times that it does not work are the infamous... go up then stop an inch or two b4 totally closing. I installed this kit as a preventative measure, and when i tested it out, the window would go down using either switch (driv. or pass.). But using the pass. switch to go up... it did not move at all. If I try the driv. switch... the all the lights/clock dims and the window still does not move. like I said b4, I triple checked the instuctions and my install. I also swapped the relays around (kit contains 2 relays) w/ no luck. So I temporarily crimped the stock connections back together and the window works fine again (ok 90%). I'm not trying to bash the product, I'm just hoping someone had some experience w/ this and could give me a clue. The install wasn't that complicated, so I'm puzzled on how this could b wrong?

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

alright just making sure....hmm hopefully someone that has used this kit can help ya out - good luck!

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I would get a new motor and return that POS before something starts burning.

Onyx Black

Ahhh... I wouldn't say the kit was a total POS, I'm not an electrician, but I think the kits' schematic is accurrate (it worked putting the window down). it's just a bummer it didn't work like I hoped. I'm going to try a new window motor sometime in the coming weeks, and try this again... to be continued... still any other input from u guys helps, Thanks.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I just got done installing it without changing the tired window motor. It took me 45 minutes to install. The directions look scarey, but once I looked it all over real good, it was very simple. It is like a new window motor. I recommend this to everyone. My window now goes up in 4 seconds and down in 3.5 seconds!!

Obviously your issue isn't with the Auto Trix. First of all, if the window goes up and stops with an inch to go, its your window motor heating up. Its tired and you need a new one. Secondly, you could also check your switches.

You might have spliced into the wrong wire at the switch, causing an open in the whole circuit, when pressing one way and sending voltage down the wrong path when you press the other way.
    If there is still are problem you are having send me a PM or contact us on the site, there have been a couple occasions where we have called people and helped them with different problems on the phone; so feel free to contact us with any questions or problems, we are here to help!

Onyx Black

soon after my initial install I found that I had blown the inline fuse that comes with the kit, I never replaced it but I ended up swappin out the window motor, I have yet to re-connect the kit wires tho w/ the new motor in... I will keep u all posted within the next couple days???

Thread Information