Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

anyone tried the infinity 62.9i??

This is a discussion on anyone tried the infinity 62.9i?? within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by Sarge91 Do this Quietchaos. Yeah I will Sarge just gonna take a few pics for other people ...

White/Tan and Green/Tan
    2001 SS 1995 3.4L

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge91 View Post
    Do this Quietchaos.

Yeah I will Sarge just gonna take a few pics for other people that run into this problem.
    And 5abivt you never know man it could work out really well just. It just seems that the 62.9i requires a little more effort to install.
    Last edited by Quietchaos; 05-06-2009 at 08:06 PM.

SOM
    2002 SS

anyone know if there's 4 wires in that crossover box? perhaps we could smack them open and just wire from there eliminating the infiniti crossover. is there 4 wires in there?

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

I had the same thing happen, just clipped the crossover off of the 62.9's had four wires so I traced one set to the woofer and one set to the tweeter and did the same with the stock speakers that came out and hooked the wires from the new speaker to the correct wires on the connectors that came off the stock speakers and they work fairly well, some songs sound crappy out of one speaker but most sound great.

RED
    2002 Z-28

yea,it looks worse than it really is..just a little more precision required,other than that it worked out well,sounds pretty good too...

White/Tan and Green/Tan
    2001 SS 1995 3.4L

never mind
    Last edited by Quietchaos; 05-14-2009 at 10:23 AM. Reason: answered it myself

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS Convertibl

I've also just received a pair of 62.9s when I ordered 62.7s. When I look at the wiring for the connections I see three wires coming out of the crossover box, one red, one white and one black. It looks like these three wires are connected to the four speaker wires with the white crossover wire being connected to a black wire going to the midrange and a black/white wire going to the tweeter. The red crossover wire connects to a different black wire to the midrange. The black crossover wire connects to a black wire to the tweeter. Does anyone have any ideas which of these speaker wires should be considered positive and negative?

SOM
    2002 SS

DDw30 can I buy them and ship them to you? I can pay you to do this for me. I suck at soldering ( did it once in high school way back). Or even more I can just paypal you the total cost + your fee and just buy them, modify them and ship them to me. I will cover shipping too. let me know !

White/Tan and Green/Tan
    2001 SS 1995 3.4L

Just got back in town and I have pics of the install for my car to help those who need them out I just need to get the time to get them to photobucket then ill make a fresh thread here. So it should be by this weekend if your needing help.

SOM
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Quietchaos View Post
    Just got back in town and I have pics of the install for my car to help those who need them out I just need to get the time to get them to photobucket then ill make a fresh thread here. So it should be by this weekend if your needing help.
    That would be amazing. eagerly awaiting it !

Black
    2001 Z28 Convertible

Oh, dear! Oh, dear!!

I am new to the site, new to the scene, and not too thrilled with this.

I have 2001 Z28 convertible. It has the [dreaded] Monsoon stereo.

Like TONS of late models (if I understand) - this car (even though it has 40K miles and looks showroom) has a BLASTED BAD POWER WINDOW MOTOR AND 2 BLOWN [door] SPEAKERS. I've seen the speakers blown years ago on a 2000 model a friend bought new, so my occurance is the 2nd I've been personally witness to, and that car and mine are the only 2 4th gens I've been around. Coupled with all I read online, I guess this is par for the course with Camaros <sigh>.

Please help me to get back on track with the speakers, so I may order the right part. (I think the power window motor is a more straightforward repair but I'll do it at the same time and ask questions in a more appropriate thread).

1) The convertible front speakers are the same size in the doors as the coupe, right?

2) The convertible rear speakers are NOT the same size as the rear in the coupe, right?

3) The convertible rear speakers are the same size as the front DOOR speakers, right? [convertible=4 same speakers?]

4) My rear speakers are not blown. Are they likely to? Are they the same dogmess quality as in the doors? Should I replace them at the same time in anticipation of failure, or wait - and then possibly find I can't locate the necessary wacko replacements (kind of like now, actually).

5) The Infiniti Kappa 62.7 speaker is the "choosen" replacement, and it is not available anymore, right? (aforementioned unavailable wacko replacement)

So, since the 62.9 requires cutting/soldering/screwing around to go in, WHY use it? Why couldn't you just get a Walmart Pioneer or Sony 6.5 inch 2-way speaker, plug the midrange Monsoon outputs to the standard input, and then cut wires (that you frequently see) to the center-mounted tweeter and solder the Monsoon highrange outputs to that?

It sounds like this is what is being done with the 62.9 in the above post. Since any solution is going to be a bitch, what is so special about the 62.9 that could not be done with a Pioneer, Sony, Kenwood, or ANY equivalent-size speaker that you can SEE the tweeter wires and cut?

Seems to me that if I'm going to have to deface speakers, I'd rather get some Walmart ones. Strangely enough, I was unable to read of anything OTHER than the unavailable 62.7s being used until the 62.9s and I want to understand WHY go with the 62.9?

Thanks! I'm so frustrated with this car!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information