white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

amp won't turn on/And post stereo pics

Bought new system put it in yesterday i got Yellow top optima dry cell battery, 6.5 inc. alpine type R component system, Alpine MRP-1000 (1000 Watt Mono block amp) And a 12 inc. Alpine type X sub, and built box myself. That's the new now heres what i already had to go with it 4 gauge 3OOO watt amp wiring kit ( less than year old) 6.5 inc. Alpine type S coaxial door speakers which are in Bak seat now since i got better ones, and an Alpine CDE flip face head unit that i got in 2OO6. Now i hooked it all up turned on my car to see if it work the power light came on on the amp i got out went Bak to hatch looked at everything checked wires for tightness then realized i forgot to turn sub woofer settings on head unit up, got Bak in adjusted base treble (the whole time volume been on like 5) and then the sub woofer, i then turned up stereo nothing but door speakers got out went to hatch amp power light was off. After many hours an cigarettes later i had re ran RCA wires and remote wire with three different sets nothing happened moved ground wire checked all fuses and connections, checked wires goin from head unit to wiring harness and still nothing. so what could be the problem? i think either head unit just not sendin RCA connection or remote signal any more, or im missin somethin stupid. so any thoughts would help. And id like to see some pics of your systems members see what your bumpin with and what unique an custom things You've got done ill post mine later when i take some pictures thank you

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Sounds like you checked everything that I would have checked:

- Fuses in the amp
    - RCA connections are solid / wires are good
    - Remote wire is connected good / remote wire is good
    - Ground wire is connected good and has a solid mounting spot to the chassis
    - Power wire coming from the battery or the distribution block is connected good

Do you have another amp that you can swap out with the one that isn't working? That would tell you right then and there is the amp is bad.

white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

well see i sold my old stero and 2 days before so this had happened to it aswell randomly there was no signal getting to amp the power light would glow red when no signal was being recived we took out amp an subs put in his truck they worked just fine now i got my new stero the problem still is here, and we hooked amp up in friends truck its fine, myabe the rca and/or remote wire coming from head unit shorted out and wont send signal now, is there way to test RCA and remoted to see of there getting power ran threw them at all

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

You can check the terminal at the amp lead with an ohm meter. That would be the only way I can think of.

From your last post, my guess is either a bad set of RCA's or a bad remote wire. I would start with the remote wire since that's the cheapest.

Also, a bad ground would make the power be intermittent like that also.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Also, a bad ground would make the power be intermittent like that also.
    This.

Contact cleaner is always good, sandpaper or a file are ok and alittle grinding is the best.

Thread Information