Red
    2000 Trans Am A4

amp to stock head?

the guys at the local custom audio shop have a adapter piece for 35 dollars to hook up an amp to a stock bose head unit. curcuit city has one as well for almost half the price. they say that it is the same one all around for all stock head units. is that true and if anyone has an amp running to there stock unit can you help me out please. thanks

White
    99 Z28

It's a High/Low converter, you can run it off the stock speaker wiring. I ran mine off of the wiring that goes to the subs in the sail panel, and did away with the stock subs. Sounds just fine, good luck.

Red
    2000 Trans Am A4

Alright i dont know what im doing wrong. I hooked it up like you are saying i used the high/low convertor, i ran a positive and negative from the speaker wires that was amping the stock subs, and then i hoooked the other positive and negative on the high/low convertor to the actual stock sub again. Then i ran my RCA's from the amp to my high low convertor, i ran my speaker wire from my amp to my subs, and i had my bluw turn on wire spliced into the back of the HU with the blue wire furthest to the right on the upper part of the wiring harness. and then of course hooked up my power and negative cables. i got nothing from my subs. My stock speaker turned back on, but i had no response from the subs. i dont know what i have wrong.

White
    99 Z28

Check the instructions of the Hi/low converter, if you are running it off one channel, you should hook both positve and both negatives on the input side of the hi/low to the speaker wire for the stock subs, and then connect the rca's to the amp. That is how it was done with mine. Good Luck.

Arctic White
    '07 Trailblazer LT

Are you sure you've tapped into the right wire for the Turn ON lead? I don't know about your '94 but in my '99 T/A the Turn ON lead is pink, not blue. There are 2 blue wires in the harness that I know of. One is the steering wheel controls and the other goes to one of the speakers (dark blue & light blue combo).
    The White Rascal SOLD
    Crank up the drums, crank up the bass,
    Crank up my Les Paul in your face!

Thread Information