Thread: amp quit

red
    2002 ss camaro

amp quit

My front speakers in my ss are fried, so today i started playing around with
    the system, looking at all options for speakers, i started in the back and tried some rockford 4" full range spkrs that i had, sounded ok, so i then took the sail "subs" out and took each side and plugged them (4 wires) into a sub box with 2-8" 4-ohm pwr series subs wired in series that i had in my wife's 98.
    It only has one terminal,_+_& - i thought if i plugged both + and - in to each side of the terminal for a couple of minutes it shouldn't hurt. Probably a mistake, should of tried to bridge the left and right maybe. Well The sub worked , really not enough pwr for spkrs though, had to crank the HU up to get decent bass, then i put a 6" full range rockford that i had in the sails and took the wire that was for the 4" in the hatch area and hooked those up for full range. Well, when i turned the system back on, no sub sound at all just the sails, which worked fine, they are 4 ohm, i put the original subs back in the sails, put back to normal, still no sound from sail spkrs. Could i have fried the sub output that easily on the amp, if so how can i check it for sure and is there a place that i can send it out for repair.
    Last edited by wu802; 01-24-2010 at 02:27 PM.

Thread Information