Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Amp Placement

This is a discussion on Amp Placement within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; If someone wants your shit badly enough, they'll take it. Hiding it does no good when they can "hear it". ...

  1. #21
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    If someone wants your shit badly enough, they'll take it. Hiding it does no good when they can "hear it".

    The last set-up Kahana posted I like though.

  2. #22
    Electrical Engineer KMdef9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North of the Motorcity
    Posts
    2,611

    Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    If someone wants your shit badly enough, they'll take it. Hiding it does no good when they can "hear it".

    The last set-up Kahana posted I like though.
    Ditto on both.

    Also, tinted windows conceal well enough in mine. It would take a bright day, the t-tops off, and a large chrome amp for someone to spot it on the rear deck.

    I think if I ended up setting one up in mine, it would def. end up where the spare is (If not, like Kahana's pics shown). I never travel more than a hundred miles from home, in the car, so the spare isn't a big deal when your overpaying for AAA.

    The more I think about the thrunk cover the harder I find it to keep it looking clean. You would need to keep the wires exposed enough to keep it functional, the cover it's self isnt the most solid option around, and it's points of attachment are really weak. And I forgot that it isn't a flat surface.

  3. #23
    LSwut tep98ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,705

    Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

    Quote Originally Posted by needls1again View Post
    yea id rather GIVE them the whole system than have to replace the hatch glass.
    THey're gonna break glass one way or another 9/10 times haha

  4. #24
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post
    THey're gonna break glass one way or another 9/10 times haha
    Here they just use dent pullers to pull the entire lock out. Have seen this a few times.

    And then if they can't physically steal it because of how it is mounted (example speaker box) they will just take a knife or screwdriver and poke a hole through the speaker to ruin it.

    Takes all kinds of idiots to make the world turn. It's an unfortunate reality we live in.

  5. #25
    Senior Member bigrondownhiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, NY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,674

    Black
    1996 Camaro Z28 vert

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Here they just use dent pullers to pull the entire lock out. Have seen this a few times.

    And then if they can't physically steal it because of how it is mounted (example speaker box) they will just take a knife or screwdriver and poke a hole through the speaker to ruin it.

    Takes all kinds of idiots to make the world turn. It's an unfortunate reality we live in.
    Also why you dont bolt your headunit in. If they want it they will destroy your dash too. Best way to avoid is not to advertise.

  6. #26
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    Also why you dont bolt your headunit in. If they want it they will destroy your dash too. Best way to avoid is not to advertise.
    Best advice.

    Also, don't be blasting it around your living area. Don't go showing it off to people in the neighborhood. We all know these may seem obvious, but it just helps reiterating the obvious sometimes.

    The other next best deterrent is a car alarm with a LED that is clearly noticeable. A smart thief will look for an easy target. If you make it more difficult to get at or increase the chance of them getting caught, they'll move on to a simpler target....unless you have something really worth having.

  7. #27
    Member LgndKller20073's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Denver,CO
    Age
    28
    Posts
    455

    Arctic White
    2001 Firebird

    My system!

    If you look at that thread, that's mine. I bought the amp rack from subthump, but I guess they aren't making them anymore? It's starting to fall apart though from all the times of taking it off and rewiring things. I'll have to make one here soon.

  8. #28
    its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands/spring/houston
    Posts
    2,142

    pewter
    99 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Here they just use dent pullers to pull the entire lock out. Have seen this a few times.

    And then if they can't physically steal it because of how it is mounted (example speaker box) they will just take a knife or screwdriver and poke a hole through the speaker to ruin it.

    Takes all kinds of idiots to make the world turn. It's an unfortunate reality we live in.
    yea my cousin used to live in your area and someone tried to steal his type-r's....couldnt get em out so they just stabbed holes in em.

  9. #29
    LSwut tep98ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,705

    Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Here they just use dent pullers to pull the entire lock out. Have seen this a few times.

    And then if they can't physically steal it because of how it is mounted (example speaker box) they will just take a knife or screwdriver and poke a hole through the speaker to ruin it.

    Takes all kinds of idiots to make the world turn. It's an unfortunate reality we live in.
    my old truck was broken into twice, my sister's car was broken into four times and i've never seen anyone pull a lock out - everytime the windows were smashed out (once all of the windows in my truck and i mean ALL of the windows) i know it happens but i guess with the areas i stay in, you have to be quick my windows are black and i turn my stereo down in shady areas and by places i plan on parking/being around. it's never up real loud anyways, only on the highway since i can't hear it half the time anyways

    Quote Originally Posted by LgndKller20073 View Post
    My system!

    If you look at that thread, that's mine. I bought the amp rack from subthump, but I guess they aren't making them anymore? It's starting to fall apart though from all the times of taking it off and rewiring things. I'll have to make one here soon.
    I saw that rack but no one sells it!
    Last edited by tep98ws6; 01-25-2010 at 06:47 AM. Reason: edit

  10. #30
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post
    my old truck was broken into twice, my sister's car was broken into four times and i've never seen anyone pull a lock out - everytime the windows were smashed out (once all of the windows in my truck and i mean ALL of the windows) i know it happens but i guess with the areas i stay in, you have to be quick my windows are black and i turn my stereo down in shady areas and by places i plan on parking/being around. it's never up real loud anyways, only on the highway since i can't hear it half the time anyways



    I saw that rack but no one sells it!
    Smashing windows is a lot louder and more susceptible to being heard than pulling out a lock. Sounds like someone doesn't like you

  11. #31
    LSwut tep98ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,705

    Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Smashing windows is a lot louder and more susceptible to being heard than pulling out a lock. Sounds like someone doesn't like you
    no kidding. both times it happened though, i was in the ghetto working at an art gallery. good thing i made lots of money to replace all the windows it is a lot louder but people just keep getting more and more ballsy now a days ... iunno. my alarm is real sensitive too so none the less ... sensitive alarm + 5% windows + "hidden" system + quiet when need be = hopefully not obvious

  12. #32
    HEHEHEHEHE Dabom75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    AL
    Posts
    316

    Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro 35thLE

    Hey Tep I noticed you in StL have they opened up the interstate by the Arch yet or is it still closed.

    I came through StL on my way to CO and I wanted to take the wife by the Arch and got no where near it cause the damn Interstate was shut down. Talked to a friend who is an EMT there and he said it had been closed for almost 2 years.

  13. #33
    LSwut tep98ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,705

    Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dabom75 View Post
    Hey Tep I noticed you in StL have they opened up the interstate by the Arch yet or is it still closed.

    I came through StL on my way to CO and I wanted to take the wife by the Arch and got no where near it cause the damn Interstate was shut down. Talked to a friend who is an EMT there and he said it had been closed for almost 2 years.
    You know, I'm not sure. I very rarely go down there. There are other ways over to the Arch from that area though. Our highway system blows here, there's always a highway closed. I know they had closed for a little while cuz part of an overpass collapsed (I know right) and then we had 8 miles of the main highway closed for a year and now they have another few miles closed to make it match the first 8 miles they re-did.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Ram Air decal placement?
    By NorthwoodDavid in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-20-2012, 12:57 PM
  2. Help: 4th Gen Headlight placement
    By Jager686 in forum General Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 12:03 PM
  3. PCV placement
    By Mr. Luos in forum External Engine
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-31-2010, 02:53 PM
  4. Help: Sub placement?
    By 99TransAmSLP in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 04:55 PM
  5. Need help with WS6 emblem placement
    By JAGUAR5822 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-25-2006, 01:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •