Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

all new sound system

This is a discussion on all new sound system within the Stereo and Electronics forums, part of the General Help category; PS i had just finished the last details of the install (this is when they were in my truck) an ...

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    jefferson city
    Posts
    122

    green
    1994 camaro

    PS i had just finished the last details of the install (this is when they were in my truck) an hour before the show. and when i switched it to my camaro the shape of the car just gave it that much more

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    nashville Tn
    Posts
    21

    white
    1999 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue28 View Post
    For now get a 50-100 watt rms 4 channel amp!

    What's you budget for a Amp?

    A JL Audio 300/4 is a good Amp for the money, that's if you buy it online!
    well i really dont have a budget...im just going all out and decided to get the alpines....ill spend as much as i have to get a decent amp.!

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    nashville Tn
    Posts
    21

    white
    1999 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalinejunkie View Post
    im running 2 10" MTX jackhammers in my camaro powered by the MTX jackhammer amp for that size and it is unbelievable! i won second in the audio division of my hometowns biggest car show and then i realized my bass boost on the amp was set to zero. novice move right?? lmfao so i tuned it to max (12) and couldn't turn the stereo up all the way. so i cut it back down to mid (6) and im pleased beyond belief.

    bottom line. i would go with the jackhammer amp from experience. and if you really don't mind spending money and want an ungodly loud system i would spring for a set of the 10" or 12" subs. just my opinion
    yea i deffantly will get at least one 10 inch in my driver side trunk hidden spot but that a lil bit down the road, for now im just gonna gut the system and start new but thanks for the advice ill deffantly look into that!

  4. #24
    Junior Member chocos_ls1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    east bay,ca
    Posts
    72

    white and black
    98 camaro

    tpe rs are real good.you can get like a 500 fosgate am make sure its a 4chanel.i have type s in mines and they sound real good type rs are alittle better and can take more power

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    nashville Tn
    Posts
    21

    white
    1999 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by chocos_ls1 View Post
    tpe rs are real good.you can get like a 500 fosgate am make sure its a 4chanel.i have type s in mines and they sound real good type rs are alittle better and can take more power
    yea so i should get a fosgate amp or jack hammer?

  6. #26
    Member Blue28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ca.
    Posts
    769

    Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

    US Amps Merlin MD1D (75 watts rms x 4)!

    IMO, Way better than the MTX , R.F. or Alpine amps!

  7. #27
    Buy Domestic, Buy a Lexus The Project's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Coffee Shop
    Posts
    591

    Red Jewel
    2010 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Camaro998 View Post
    yea so i should get a fosgate amp or jack hammer?
    Truth is there are many good amp that will produce good clean power. Go to a car audio competition and see what the competitors use. The last show I was at I saw a lot of the new JL Audio HD amps (600.4 and 750.1). The new Soundstream "Reference" line is promising as are the DLS and Arc Audio (KS line) amps. If you want to spend a bit less you could look at Sundown (small company but great reputation and excellent cust. service). Any will work....al comes down to money.

    IF it were my $$ I'd go with JL HD on the high end and DLS or ARC (KS300.4 and KS 500.1) if I wanted to spend a bit less.


    Good luck.

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    jefferson city
    Posts
    122

    green
    1994 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue28 View Post
    US Amps Merlin MD1D (75 watts rms x 4)!

    IMO, Way better than the MTX , R.F. or Alpine amps!
    IMO, HELL YES GO MTX! lol whether im cruising, chillin, easy listening, talking, showing off, competing, or just making everyone else jealous as hell my jackhammers have never disappointed. and i have actually had ppl lay money on my hood and tell me there is no way in hell im running tens. needless to say when i popped my hatch i made some quick cash.

    lol whew sorry. i love my system. now im sure there are better systems out there. and they prolly cost alot more. im saying bang for buck i love mine. and im yet to see another 10" system that can touch it lol

  9. #29
    Member Blue28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ca.
    Posts
    769

    Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalinejunkie View Post
    IMO, HELL YES GO MTX! lol whether im cruising, chillin, easy listening, talking, showing off, competing, or just making everyone else jealous as hell my jackhammers have never disappointed. and i have actually had ppl lay money on my hood and tell me there is no way in hell im running tens. needless to say when i popped my hatch i made some quick cash.

    lol whew sorry. i love my system. now im sure there are better systems out there. and they prolly cost alot more. im saying bang for buck i love mine. and im yet to see another 10" system that can touch it lol
    I'm glad to hear your happy with your system, that's the way it should be regardless of brand, or price!

  10. #30
    Member 02WS6dream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    668

    08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

    think lots of us feel this way bout our systems!! I still love to show mine off since you'd think its all stock sitting in the car (appearance). Keep in mind that there is a lot more involved in a "system" than bass--subs. Its awesome that you are impressing ppl with your tens; but doesn't sound like OP is looking for the hardest hitting bass in town but for a loud, clean all freq system (as i do). Subs are very important, but so is the rest of a 'system'. +1 on the US amps by the way--i have a 1000 watt US amp for my 2 12" eclipses--sounds great for the $$ --spent like $300 on it. bridged at ~1 ohm (each speaker dvc in parallel and 2 speakers in parallel)--plenty of power at a bargain price. Don't skimp on mid-high amp; that is where the distortion in almost any type of music is going to show up

  11. #31
    Member 02WS6dream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    668

    08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

    think it would be neat to get together and check out all our systems--just as cool as seeing the cars themselves.

  12. #32
    Junior Member chocos_ls1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    east bay,ca
    Posts
    72

    white and black
    98 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Camaro998 View Post
    yea so i should get a fosgate amp or jack hammer?

    to be honest i never herd how they sound with jack hammer but with a 500 watt fosgate they make it sound real good in mines

  13. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    nashville Tn
    Posts
    21

    white
    1999 camaro

    yea i herd JL audio was pretty good....i might consider them to...but yea once i get mine done pretty soon it would be pretty tight to meet up and show em..but i gotta get it done first..ha

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    jefferson city
    Posts
    122

    green
    1994 camaro

    i gotta agree with everyone its about wat makes you happy and its not just bass that makes your system. i definately agree

    actually i im thinking of selling mine to help pay for the new motor i have to drop in my car to get in going again.. life is so not fair

  15. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    nashville Tn
    Posts
    21

    white
    1999 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalinejunkie View Post
    i gotta agree with everyone its about wat makes you happy and its not just bass that makes your system. i definately agree

    actually i im thinking of selling mine to help pay for the new motor i have to drop in my car to get in going again.. life is so not fair
    ohh dangg...what happen to the motor that was in it?

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    jefferson city
    Posts
    122

    green
    1994 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Camaro998 View Post
    ohh dangg...what happen to the motor that was in it?
    well when i bought the car a couple months ago the dude said it had 70,000 miles on a rebuild. i had the car about a month and i was cruising at 30 MPH 3,000 RPM (give or take 500) and i heard a pop and lost most power and it was making a hellaciously bad noise from the motor and there was oil everywhere. after further inspection there is a half dollar size hole in my motor now.

    i can't tell for sure but i either 1. threw a rod out the side of my engine block or 2. broke a connecting arm and somehow smashed a hole out the side of my crank case. i say number one and my stepdad says number two. personally i think im right lol but im pulling the engine this week and replacing it with a 4.3L vortech for now. so i guess we will see. either way im not sure wat caused it. either the guy lied and it was never rebuilt and it just gave out from age or whoever rebuilt it f!@$^d up royaly somehow. Lol so thats my story. im picking up the vortech tuesday but i really wana build a 3.4L like forced firebird only supercharge instead of turbo.

  17. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    nashville Tn
    Posts
    21

    white
    1999 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalinejunkie View Post
    well when i bought the car a couple months ago the dude said it had 70,000 miles on a rebuild. i had the car about a month and i was cruising at 30 MPH 3,000 RPM (give or take 500) and i heard a pop and lost most power and it was making a hellaciously bad noise from the motor and there was oil everywhere. after further inspection there is a half dollar size hole in my motor now.

    i can't tell for sure but i either 1. threw a rod out the side of my engine block or 2. broke a connecting arm and somehow smashed a hole out the side of my crank case. i say number one and my stepdad says number two. personally i think im right lol but im pulling the engine this week and replacing it with a 4.3L vortech for now. so i guess we will see. either way im not sure wat caused it. either the guy lied and it was never rebuilt and it just gave out from age or whoever rebuilt it f!@$^d up royaly somehow. Lol so thats my story. im picking up the vortech tuesday but i really wana build a 3.4L like forced firebird only supercharge instead of turbo.
    well dangg...sorry that had to happen....is the 4.3 voretech gonnna fit/ or do u have to make some modifications?

  18. #38
    Junior Member BamBam87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    north central illinois
    Posts
    96

    artic white
    2001 trans am ws6

    hey. if you get after market speakers for your car.....your going to want to get an amp for them. even if it is 6 1/2's or 6x9. but it depends, are you looking to get just a little bass to where you can feel it and feel good? or do you want bass to where it makes your hair vibrate? 10's are usually used if you like to hear every hit there is. like double bass that some bands play. and 12's which i prefer give a deeper hit depending on what sub you get. but overall, if you are getting after market speakers.....ya, get an amp

  19. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    nashville Tn
    Posts
    21

    white
    1999 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by BamBam87 View Post
    hey. if you get after market speakers for your car.....your going to want to get an amp for them. even if it is 6 1/2's or 6x9. but it depends, are you looking to get just a little bass to where you can feel it and feel good? or do you want bass to where it makes your hair vibrate? 10's are usually used if you like to hear every hit there is. like double bass that some bands play. and 12's which i prefer give a deeper hit depending on what sub you get. but overall, if you are getting after market speakers.....ya, get an amp
    yea eventually i am going to get probluy one 10 or 2 it all depends...but right now im focusing on getting new speakers which i have purchased alpine type rs....im not sure yet which type of amp to get yet tho...lol

  20. #40
    Member 02WS6dream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    668

    08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

    amp is the key to the system--lots of ppl make a lot of hype over speaker size/brand etc, but the amp is what's going to make the biggest difference; especially in the car environment. I imagine your speakers are rated right around 100 watts rms. Get a quality amp that is rated at or above the speaker rating to get the most out of them. a weaker amp will distort quicker and sound worse--again most ppl think that if a speaker can 'handle' 100 watts, then if you power it with 50 watts you can crank the amp all the way up and it will sound great cause the speaker isn't being worked that hard. incorrect. much more likely to bust a speaker underpowering it and trying to play it loud then if you overpower it and simply avoid turning the volume to a point you hear distortion. Many quality amps out there. don't get stuck on the hype about which brand is 'the best'. Look for well known manufacturer with power rating and features you desire at the best price. i've found crutchield to be a good resource when shopping and buying. hope this helps and isn't too redundant!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. new sound system in TA
    By ls1ws6ben in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 03:42 PM
  2. Help: want new sound system for the fastcar
    By luvmyz28 in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 01:55 PM
  3. Help: Sound system diagrams
    By cz28mdn in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 02:19 AM
  4. Question: Installing sound system
    By supersport00 in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-29-2008, 07:44 PM
  5. Pioneer Sound System
    By asm72ecko in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2006, 07:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •