Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

Aftermarket 2 ohms

The factory speaker just behind the driver seat blew out this morning and I was wondering what the best aftermarket 2 ohms were that would fit there or should I just go with a factory replacement?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

I second to this.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

i too would like to know, both my door panel monsoons are blown, really sucks, i miss my BOSE my '95 came with.

whats up Daniel P.? i went to KSU and Grad in 03. i see you have a ways to go. same ole' Manhappin'?

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

wow guys, you just gotta look around a lot of threads cover these topics. luckily i like to hear myself talk, SO ILL TELL YA!

ok, if you blew your front speakers, reaplace them with infinity 67.2i's. It's a great full range speaker set for $99. have a nice day

mr "i blew my sub" you have 2 options you can take. Replace with a factory sub for $50 each orrrr buy a stealth box that fits in the rear cubby hole [unless you have a convertable]. buy a 300+watt amp and wire it with the stock sub's old wires. now throw away your stock subs and put a set of $60 mids in the sails [it is an "oversized" 6.5" aka 6.75" but 6.5" will fit] and wire tap the rear speaker's mids for a signal. I did this in my original set up and HOLY SHIT it rocked.

if your looking to avoid a big sub in the back, you'll have to go through hell to wire in upgraded replacement subs for that location. The best out there are elemental design "eu700" they are $50 each and can withstand 200watts of pounding, the thing is...they need about 120watts RMS and that stock "500watt" system ain't cuttin it, not to mention the annoying clearance issues you'll run into.... if you want to know more on wiring eu700's, PM me. otherwise, make peace with the above suggestions.

Custom Car Emblems
    from third_shift|studios
    Pittsburgh Car Detailing & Paint Protection from ts|s detailing
    jaison tortorea

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

diph

will these Infinity's hook up to the factory wiring harness or will i have have to do some modification to the wiring? also, these are 2ohm direct replacements, correct? thanks.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

quote=rotwiler

Infinity Kappa 62.7i's.. Unless you want to find another brand and modify it to make a seperate input for a tweeter. The Infinity 62.7i is the only choice you have if you don't want to modify it at all and is 2ohm like the stock speaker. Just don't use the crossover supplied with it, connect it just like stock. The Monsoon door speakers on the Camaro have 2 inputs(1 for the woofer and 1 for the tweeter) so any speaker will not work. The woofer is powered off the monsoon amp and tweeter off the headunit.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

What about the speakers just behind the front seats?

Black/Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6 A4

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    The best out there are elemental design "eu700" they are $50 each and can withstand 200watts of pounding, the thing is...they need about 120watts RMS and that stock "500watt" system ain't cuttin it, not to mention the annoying clearance issues you'll run into....
    MadSeason has pointed out that there are no clearance problems at all. You only need to splice into the wiring harness, but the speakers should bolt right into place.

My biggest fear is that the stock Monsoon amp will devistate the EU-700s in the same manner that they damage the stock subs.

Thread Information