Strano Performance Hollow Swaybar set: $399 shipped

This is a discussion on Strano Performance Hollow Swaybar set: $399 shipped within the Sales and Group Purchases from our Great Sponsors! forums, part of the Sponsors Group Pricing and Parts Review category; We are now offering our set of Hollow Swaybars for the price of $399.00 shipped by FedEx Ground service to ...

White
    2001 Z28

Strano Performance Hollow Swaybar set: $399 shipped

We are now offering our set of Hollow Swaybars for the price of $399.00 shipped by FedEx Ground service to any location in the Continential US.

If you need the bars shipped elsewhere, or by alternate method, please feel free to contact us and we'll get the details and work up a price.

You can order the bars here: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=18&ModelID=7 It will show the car as 1998-2002 Camaro. ALL 1993-2002 Camaro's and Firebirds use the same bars, I am simply linking to make it easier for you find the item. If you'd prefer you can go to www.stranoparts.com and use the make and model list to pick your particular model of car.

The details:

-Set of front and rear sway bars
    -35mm front, 22mm rear
    -Lighweight hollow tubing saves approximately 5 pounds per set compared to OE bars
    -Significant weight savings vs. solid aftermarket bar sets. 20 pounds lighter than 35/21-22 solid bar sets. Approximately 15 pounds less than solid 32/21 or 32/22 combinations.
    -Complete with new endlinks, bushings and mounting bushings and brackets
    -Black powdercoat
    -Competition designed and proven. Used on multiple SCCA National Championship winning cars.

And the pic:

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

sway bar questions

I have a 1999 Camaro Z28 daily driver and a 1990 Firebird Formula 383 used for road courses like Lime Rock, Watkins Glen and Pocono.

What sway bars do you recommend for each?

Thanks

White
    2001 Z28

It depends on what else is on the cars. For the 99, I'd recommend mine (given they are derived from a handling and performance car with proven results). That would only change if you have massively stiffer rear springs in the car, in which case I'd want to stay stock on the rear bar and run my front.

The 3rd gen is similar, but not the same. A lot of those had Hollow 36's stock, and I would run that if you have one. I do tend to downsize to the 22mm rear on 3rd gens as they tend to be more tailhappy at times. But again, the bars used are in part dependent on the other parts in place, and the way the car acts as is (and what size those bars are).
    Sam Strano
    SCCA National Champion (x6)
    SCCA ProSolo Class Champion (x5)
    2009 SCCA ProSolo Overall Champion
    Owner--Strano Performance Parts
    814-849-3450

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

sway bar question continued

The 99 has stock suspension and the struts/shocks are due for replacing with 93,500 miles.

The 90 has stock WS6 sway bars with Hotchkis springs and Koni 3 way shocks all around. Edelbrock rear control arms, adjustable panhard rod, 8 pt cage and sub frame connectors.

Does that help?

White
    2001 Z28

I little.... but you do really want me to "recommend" parts on what little is written here???

Anyone can throw parts at a car. It's hard to figure the best path, and that's something that needs to be discussed since you obviously drive your cars, and I do not. You are the one that needs to be happy with the result.

Thread Information