Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

WS6 or GTO?

This is a discussion on WS6 or GTO? within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Sorry GOTTAHAVELS1, but i don't agree. Most people finace their cars, so therefore, there really wouldn't be $12,000 to spend. ...

none
    none

Sorry GOTTAHAVELS1, but i don't agree. Most people finace their cars, so therefore, there really wouldn't be $12,000 to spend. Second, they don't look like Neons, I would say Grand-Am or Cavaliers. In any case, I had a Ws6 and now own a GTO. I have raced several LS1s and have beat them by 1.5-2 cars, when I was stock. I ran 12.7 @109 with Drs. and 13.0 @109 with regular street tires. Both cars depend on drivers. If you plan to mod, the T/a is a lot cheaper, but if you are going to stay stock, then why not start with 400hp. I have a total of $3,600 in my car and I am putting out 440rwh and 415rwt. I have HPE-s cam, AR headers, Pullies, Flowmaters and a tune. My best time is 12.4 @116. This is an 11 second car, but I need tires. I am currently running 18.0 front 18.9 rears with 275-35-18s. I will get BFG drag tire next week and am currently working on a 150-shot of Nitrous. So the GTO has a lot of potential. When I do heads and intake, we will be talking about a comfortable street driven machine.

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by fatman View Post
    Sorry GOTTAHAVELS1, but i don't agree. Most people finace their cars, so therefore, there really wouldn't be $12,000 to spend. Second, they don't look like Neons, I would say Grand-Am or Cavaliers. In any case, I had a Ws6 and now own a GTO. I have raced several LS1s and have beat them by 1.5-2 cars, when I was stock. I ran 12.7 @109 with Drs. and 13.0 @109 with regular street tires. Both cars depend on drivers. If you plan to mod, the T/a is a lot cheaper, but if you are going to stay stock, then why not start with 400hp. I have a total of $3,600 in my car and I am putting out 440rwh and 415rwt. I have HPE-s cam, AR headers, Pullies, Flowmaters and a tune. My best time is 12.4 @116. This is an 11 second car, but I need tires. I am currently running 18.0 front 18.9 rears with 275-35-18s. I will get BFG drag tire next week and am currently working on a 150-shot of Nitrous. So the GTO has a lot of potential. When I do heads and intake, we will be talking about a comfortable street driven machine.
    I see what you mean. and you understand my point so i'm not gonna argue it more. so u probably have the ls2 gto to beat a stock f body by a couple cars?

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Yeah, if he started at 400 HP then he has the LS2.

The F body's style is just so HEY look at me I'm flexing my muscles. the GTO is very curvy and blends in so well with all of todays other cars (which are smaller than it) Pics really don't do it justice.

Do you want to look good cruisin or beat unexpecting fools in a race? I prefer to look good and still win

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information