Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Me

Red
    04 GTO

Why Me

Well i was hit by a stupid ass Tahoe, and my whole front of the car is totaled. Iam hoping that my engine isn't messed up because the whole front is pushed in my CAI is cracked all the things in upgrades is crack in the front, the driver side door is bent i couldn't even get out that side. Have any of you had this happened and has the insurance company covered after market parts. I was just at the 2920 meet last night doing all that crazy shit and nothing happens and today iam just driving minding my own business. PICS TO COME SOON

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Hope you have full coverage

My insurance company won't cover aftermarket parts unless I tell them they are on the car. Then they will charge me more for insurance. I have no idea what will happen with the other guy's insurance paying for your parts though.

Black
    2004 GTO

That's crazy. My wife wanted to take the goat to work today and was run off the road by a tahoe this evening as well. Sorry for your loss though.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Depends on the ins company. Mine (USAA) covered my aftermarket wheels (chrome ZR1's) on the Camaro when I had my little incident a while back. And they paid the premium price (GM price) in which I just got the generic ones again to replace them and soak up some of the deductible. Hell I love my ins company they replaced my engine when I hydro-locked it in a puddle. They also replaced the rack a year after the accident when the company doing the work told them it was caused by the wreck.
    Last edited by slims00ls1z28; 08-02-2008 at 10:43 PM.

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Sorry to hear about the Goat hope everything only gets better for you. I feel your pain as I was the victim of a hit and run a month ago and my camaro is just now getting fixed I should be getting her back Monday.

Red
    04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
    Depends on the ins company. Mine (USAA) covered my aftermarket wheels (chrome ZR1's) on the Camaro when I had my little incident a while back. And they paid the premium price (GM price) in which I just got the generic ones again to replace them and soak up some of the deductible. Hell I love my ins company they replaced my engine when I hydro-locked it in a puddle. They also replaced the rack a year after the accident when the company doing the work told them it was caused by the wreck.
    Ya i think iam going to switch my insurance to USAA i should have done it along time ago. But i think they will replace everything i just hope they don't total it. People have been saying since i couldn't open my driver door that the frame was bent so they usually total a car i don't know i never had to go through this so it kinda suxs. Well if they total they better let me take some stuff of it before they do what they do.

Nero
    2006 gto

IDK about where you're from, but here in RI if the insurance company totals the car, you can keep it. It will definitely destroy any resale value of the car, since if you DO fix it up it'll be a salvage title. Hell, if (God forbid) this ever happened to me and they totaled my GTO, Id do everything in my power/budget to make it road worthy again, salvage title or not. I feel your pain man, Ive had 3 cars I've owned totaled by ignorant drivers (ALL in SUV's or Pickups, and one while my car was IN MY DRIVEWAY!!). Hope everything works out for you. You might want to consider checking out this thread and the link therein, if you decide to rebuild...

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46067
    Last edited by PatrizioD; 08-03-2008 at 08:33 AM. Reason: I was BORED!

Red
    04 GTO

[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Now thats a shit bricks picture... sorry bro.

FIX IT!

Honestly, they are probably going to say it is totaled and give you the chance to keep it.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Id buy it back on the cheap if they do. The front bumper support looks untouched. It just looks like it doomed the hood and the upper part of the engine bay.

black
    2002 WS6

Doesn;t look that structural but you won;t know till it goes on frame jig. With a hit like that chances are the fender was pushed into the door. What does the roof line look like, what abou the gaps on the passanger side door.

If the streatched and the drivers side shrunk, she's twisted.

They call me barney

FUCKING PURPLE
    its an 02-ish something

just tell them to total it, and get a 6.0

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

It's their job to replace it, that's what you pay them for. If not take it off, tell them you will put the stock parts in the back seat.

It may cost you a lawyer now, and may not be worth the legal fees, but worth looking into if it's a lot of money. If not take $100 less than the total lose value, fix it, or part it out.

Red
    04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Orcus79 View Post
    Doesn;t look that structural but you won;t know till it goes on frame jig. With a hit like that chances are the fender was pushed into the door. What does the roof line look like, what abou the gaps on the passanger side door.

If the streatched and the drivers side shrunk, she's twisted.
    The roof line is fine and the passenger door was fine it opened fine i didn't really pay attention to the gap size. If they total it u think they let me take stuff of it before they total or should i do it tomorrow before the adjuster gets there. (Like my mods)

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

If they say it totaled, cant u still keep it, or take what u want out, since its yours.. or does your insurnce make it if they make that call u cant touch it, so u cant take out stuff and get money etc..

They call me barney

FUCKING PURPLE
    its an 02-ish something

if its totaled buy the car back, use the money and buy a shell of a lil MG car, and put the LS1 and the IRS in it can you say TRACK CAR ? LOL

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yup....been there and done that!

State Farm and me went at it.....they paid for all new aftermarket replacement parts....and a 100% new paint job...

Red
    04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Yup....been there and done that!
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    State Farm and me went at it.....they paid for all new aftermarket replacement parts....and a 100% new paint job...
    What kinda of tactics did you use against them for the aftermarket parts, i have Allstate so i hope they send somebody out that doesn't know that much or something. Also iam going to try to have the people at the body shop tell them that the hood is a 05 hood.

Thread Information