Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

wheel hop problem

This is a discussion on wheel hop problem within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by eacnbny Ya they are. Trying to say it was driver negligence & they arent obligated to fix ...

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by eacnbny View Post
    Ya they are. Trying to say it was driver negligence & they arent obligated to fix it. I just ordered a magna charger for this thing & now Im not sure if its even worth putting in. How the hell are the axels or the diff gonna hold, if they cant even handle stock power? This is nuts...
    I'm going VERY low 11's and blowing more nos then your get out of that blower with NO axle issues.
    All the people with "fast" ones have said the stock ones are good to bout 625-650.
    The wheel hop is what did it NOT the power!!!!
    Think about it your loading and unloading everything when you stay into it under the wheel-hop condition.

I have pesonally seen multiple 10 second passes on stock axles.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Silver
    2005 cadillac cts-v

Ya I realize it was wheel hop but the dealer seems to not want to recognize that wheel hop is an actual real problem. In your personal opinion what is gonna be the best fix for the wheel hop once my car is back & I am ready to add the charger?

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

Air bags and stiffer rear sway bar, and if you really want to make sure it doesn't hop, Just get everything sarge mentioned on the first page. He's pushing 600hp. and has no hop.
    2006 impulse blue G.T.O
    Iron Block 408
    Cam
    Pacesetter ceramic coated L.T.s
    LMII exhaust
    K&N CAI
    Ported TB
    Custom Tune
    FAST 90
    ZEX 125hp wet shot

Silver
    2005 cadillac cts-v

Well I got them to actually fix the vehicle, however they noted in my file that my back tires were bald & that my rear diff & axel giving was probably due to rough and careless driving. I informed them that as long as wheel hop exsisted in my vehicle there was going to be problems with my rear end. I know you said some dealers cover the wheel hop issue under warranty... can you possibly give me there name so I can call them and get some info. My dealer is giving me the " never heard of it & no way we can cover that" line. What a surprise! Thanks again.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Well I got them to actually fix the vehicle, however they noted in my file that my back tires were bald & that my rear diff & axel giving was probably due to rough and careless driving. I informed them that as long as wheel hop exsisted in my vehicle there was going to be problems with my rear end. I know you said some dealers cover the wheel hop issue under warranty... can you possibly give me there name so I can call them and get some info. My dealer is giving me the " never heard of it & no way we can cover that" line. What a surprise! Thanks again.
    alderson cadillac in Lubbock, tx. one of my good friends works in the service department and he said they fix them all under warranty no questions asked. Why sell a car with the power if it can't hold up? Just keep on their asses

Silver
    2005 cadillac cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz View Post
    I don't know about gtos but on the ctsv they will put in aftermarket bushings and crap to stop it UNDER WARRANTY, you might wanna check into it. A dude I know works at the caddy service dept and he said they always fix em under warranty no questions asked
    Do you know what dealership he works for? No one at any of my local dealership is surprissingly recognizing wheel hop as a real problem, or something they should actually fix.... They just basically said dont drive the car hard, or launch it hard! Even though its still stock?!?!

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

ok i think i fixed my weel hop a lot easier than that. all i did was put some air shocks on. $65 and 45 min of work and i was done! never had a problem since!!

Silver
    2005 cadillac cts-v

Thumbs up

Alderson Cadillac in lubbock, tx. They treat their customers like they drive cadillacs. . .imagine that. . .and they don't give them the run around for any reason. Sounds like your local dealer needs to sell Kia and Daewoo. Take it to a bigger better caddy dealership in a nearby city and see what they will do for you. If your local dealership is gonna give the the run around on covering it, I wouldn't trust them working on your car at all
    Im not a d*#k rider or anything, but I must say your the man! Your guy on Lubbock hooked me up with everything I needed to know. He even gave me the Bulltin # for the wheel hop warranty that even a manager a cadillac corporate tried to say they had never heard of... I got the 06 rear diff & axels now & hopefully they will last a little longer then 7800 miles. Thanks again & I look forward to posting with you.

Silver
    2005 cadillac cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post
    bushings would help, also check the bmr air bags. i don;t really have problems with wheel hop. and i run nitto 245 dr's at the track. i only felt it once and it was bad, but i was trying to do a burnout and didn't give her enough gas.
    i cutting 2.0x 60's, (still learning how to launch), but the wheel hop is really very minimal if any. i have stock suspension
    Do you happen to have any info about bags for the cts-v? BMR doesnt make them and I cant seem to find any? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Im not a d*#k rider or anything, but I must say your the man! Your guy on Lubbock hooked me up with everything I needed to know. He even gave me the Bulltin # for the wheel hop warranty that even a manager a cadillac corporate tried to say they had never heard of... I got the 06 rear diff & axels now & hopefully they will last a little longer then 7800 miles. Thanks again & I look forward to posting with you.
    Awesome, I'm just glad to hear that they helped you out and got you fixed. what did your dealership say when you gave them that information?

Silver
    2005 cadillac cts-v

Smile

Awesome, I'm just glad to hear that they helped you out and got you fixed. what did your dealership say when you gave them that information?
    They still acted like there was nothing in the system about fixing the wheel hop. Now that my car is drivable though I have a dealership I can go to that realizes the car is meant to be driven hard & not like a DeVille. Thanks again for all your help. Maybe someday I'll be able to return the favor.

Silver
    2002 SS

Your dealer was just giving you a ration of shit. The dealer doesn't care what reason the work is for as long as they get paid. Either by the customer or by the factory.

In fact, I'll go so far as to say some of them might actually have their service writers write stuff up that isn't necessary.

I know a man who got fired from a F$*d dealership as a mechanic for refusing to falsify work reported to the factory.

You should go to the dealership in disguise and see if they'll let you test drive a new one. Then try to make it wheel hop out the front driveway.

Don't forget to have your buddy video this event for us.

Silver
    2005 cadillac cts-v

Thumbs up

That is definitely an idea, except the half a** dealership I went to doesnt even carry the V. They have to order one if you want it, they also recognize the wheel hop they just say its not something they are responsible to fix under warranty ! Basically they would like you to just go ahead & snap the axels or ruin the diff. & then they can blame you for launching hard in a 400hp car that they have a commercial of changing back & forth from a race car on the track to a street car going over a mountian... I guess all of us with this vehicle are wrong for thinking we bought it under the impression its an actual sports car?

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Do you happen to have any info about bags for the cts-v? BMR doesnt make them and I cant seem to find any? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Yeah you just need to get the kit they offer for the GTO.......All it is a universal airbag set that you place inside the rear coils... Very easy to install all that was neede was a cut-off wheel to cut this 2" nipple off the lower arm that went up into the spring.

Silver
    2005 cadillac cts-v

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Yeah you just need to get the kit they offer for the GTO.......All it is a universal airbag set that you place inside the rear coils... Very easy to install all that was neede was a cut-off wheel to cut this 2" nipple off the lower arm that went up into the spring.
    Are you absolutely sure? BMR themselves & everyone else I spoke to who carries them told me they wont work on the CTS-V... If you know for a fact they'll work I will definitely put them in!

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Well I can't tell you for sure............. Take a measurement of the outer diameter of the coil spring.... It looked like the same springs tpo me. When you spoke with BMR they didn't specify why they WON'T work for you..?????
    Anyways my thing is if the coil is smaller in dia. than mine on the GTO why NOT just get a little smaller bag..... There are LOT'S of companys that make bags...
    If you measure your coil and pm me or post your # and I'll measure mine for you.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yup^^^^^
    bags come in all sizes...

Silver
    2005 cadillac cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Well I can't tell you for sure............. Take a measurement of the outer diameter of the coil spring.... It looked like the same springs tpo me. When you spoke with BMR they didn't specify why they WON'T work for you..?????
    Anyways my thing is if the coil is smaller in dia. than mine on the GTO why NOT just get a little smaller bag..... There are LOT'S of companys that make bags...
    If you measure your coil and pm me or post your # and I'll measure mine for you.
    That is exactly what everyone else is telling me. I figured the springs were both pretty much gm & should be the same. The bags are just filled with air & should be able to adjust to a small difference. BMR is adimate about it not working though. Im gonna measure them though & I will definitely send you the info. Thanx much.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

No problem....... Hope you get those things installed soon so you drive it like it should be driving!!!!!!!

We call it a "digital throttle" it's either on/off........___[--]____ Like a digital signal....

Silver
    2004 GTO

Do you guys drive with these drag bags in all the time? How does it affect the ride?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information