Red

What Mod's should I get?

Hello all. I just picked up an 06 GTO m6 and I have some money left over for performance mod's. What would you do with $4-5K and in what order. Also, what gains should I expect.

The car is bone stock with 53K miles.

Thanks! -Mike
    Last edited by MiLo033; 03-29-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28

Typical mods starting off are intake, exhaust and headers. Suspension mods are also good to throw in to the mix. Since you have a M6, a short-throw shifter would be a nice mod, too.
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28 A4
    SLP cold air intake/lid, SLP smooth bellow, Pacesetter LT's, ORY, Magnaflow exhaust, BMR STB, adjustable Panhard rod, SFC's, LCA's, 1LE sway bars, cross-drilled rotors

Impulse Blue
    2005 a4 GTO

I def agree with top posted, and pretty much in that order. Def a good tune after the exhaust work too. There are also little things you can do here and there like lower resistance spark wires and plugs. The GTO is a great platform, have fun with it man.
    2005 Impulse Blue GTO
    Kooks Longtube Headers (off-road mids) , SLP Loudmouth II Catback, Vararam OTRCAI, MSD Spark Wires, 238/242 .595, Trickflow 225cc Heads, SLP 25% UD Pulley, Breather, Elite Engineering Catch Can, 3200 TC,Hayden Trans Cooler, P&P TB, Dyno tune by Sunshine Performance

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by FinZ28:2760920
    Typical mods starting off are intake, exhaust and headers. Suspension mods are also good to throw in to the mix. Since you have a M6, a short-throw shifter would be a nice mod, too.
    ^

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Thread Information